“Good food, good place -- try it!”

Cristina Gray's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #35 of 285 Restaurants in High Point
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Description: Located in the Historic Boutique Hotel at the J.H. Adams Inn, Cristina Gray’s presents a truly unparalleled dining experience. With our seasoned local culinary staff lead by Executive Chef Derek Cress & Sous Chef Mary Soles, this refined yet relaxed restaurant highlights a thoughtful approach to New American Cuisine with French and Italian influences. Our Menu highlights a variety of choices ranging from Angus Beef to fresh Seafood and locally grown Fruits and Vegetables. We Strive to provide the highest quality made from scratch cuisine at a price everyone can afford. When planning your next special occasion or business function, Cristina Gray’s provides a customized experience to suit your taste and budgetary needs.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Normally, when I travel, I won't eat at the same place twice because I like to check everything out. But after full days of furniture shopping, I returned to the JH Adams Inn where I was staying and landed at Cristina Gray's three evenings in a row! Sure, the menu and prices suggest this is "special-occasion-only" territory. A steak dinner is $27, duck is $28, and the least expensive entree is pasta and meatballs at $15. So, definitely consider CG's for a special occasion. But don't overlook the satisfying and more modestly priced options like the salads, appetizers, and specials. I was there on Taco Tuesday. Tacos were $1 each, either bang-bang shrimp or steak. So with a generously sized house salad at $5 and three tacos, the meal was $8. The bang-bang shrimp was mouth watering. Another night I got adventurous and tried the duck nachos. A little soupy with the cheese sauce, but absolutely tasty and filling. In fact, two people could easily share a house salad and nachos, for a total of $16. Another night I added a piece of salmon to the kale salad. Delicious. The salads always were fresh, with lots of tasty touches (wonton strips and pears in the kale salad, for example). The salmon was larger than I expected and perfectly cooked -- not too wet, not too dry. Keep in mind this restaurant is in a converted mansion. So you can imagine the bar perhaps was once the parlor. It's small and an easy place to be with a few friends. There is one large high-top table that seats about eight people and the bar itself has six stools. Other parts of CG's are spread among low, intimate tables in a room through a doorway from the bar; outside seating; and the large room between the lobby and the terrace that also serves as the breakfast room for people staying at the Inn. Oh, I suppose I should mention they have an ample selection of liquor, wine, and beer. I definitely enjoyed a cool one every evening with my very appealing food. Go. Check it out. Enjoy.

2  Thank MovinAround59

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We visited this restaurant 2 months ago and it was fabulous. We had family in from Canada and wanted to impress them with the thoughts of our first experience. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed. The restaurant was very empty which gave us privacy while dining in the outdoor pavilion area.

Service began slow while waiting for our drinks. We ordered appetizers and salads which came out so quickly that we were rushed. There was a really long time till our entrees came out. We were sitting there and commented how hungry we were and this is taking way to long. We were not served our dinner until 9:10 pm and were told that the restaurant was closing at 9:30pm. We felt uncomfortable and rushed which was not a good experience. We were also celebrating a birthday but they had no candles for the dessert.

The Salmon was on the dry side but the shrimp pasta dishes were good.

This is definitely a pricey restaurant ..$275 for the four of us which we were prepared to pay however our experience fell short of our expectations and we were all disappointed. I would have rather spent that money on Ruth Chris or somewhere else that could have offered us a much better service and experience.

1  Thank smcortright60
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Just in town for the night, we wanted to find somewhere close to grab dinner. Cristina Gray's was perfect. The restaurant is located inside the JH Adams Inn. We had a spinach salad, fried oysters and a burger with fries, all delicious and very generous portions.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had been traveling all day by plane or car and we were tired. We goy a recommendation about this restaurant and we were NOT disappointed. The food and presentation was outstanding.
I had crab cakes yummy, and my husband had a pork chop he said was very good. Every dish that came out to other dinners looked delicious. Im so glad we ate here. The food was top notch, the chef is talented.

Derek C, General Manager at Cristina Gray's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

We are glad that you enjoyed your dinner with us! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I went to Cristina Grey's recently for the first time on a Thursday evening. I wanted to really enjoy my dining experience but left disappointed. The place was very nicely decorated and the menu offered good choices. The host who seated us was very pleasant. The fried green tomato appetizers were good as well as the house salad. My suggestions for improvement: Consider improving the "chicken and dumplings" recipe and make it more traditional or name the dish something besides chicken and dumplings. The dish was bland and seemed to be somewhere between a chicken based chowder and chicken pie with vegetables. The vegetable of the day was green beans and they were lackluster. Offer warm bread with butter soon after being seated. If the kitchen staff passes through the dining area, they need to remember they are leaving an impression especially to first-time guests. The wait staff did okay but our water glasses were not refilled often enough. I do hope this restaurant will be successful but I am just not sure I will re-visit until giving them more time to polish up a bit more.

1  Thank jojenc

Thank you for your Feedback! We are always striving to improve and enhance the dining experience for each guest. We are working on new things daily and will take your suggestions to heart. We hope to see you again.