“Everyone is a friend.”

Kepley's Barbecue
Ranked #16 of 288 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The BBQ is sweet and sour very close to Eastern BBQ. Mr. Kepley greets everyone and has a story for everyone to enjoy. The que is wonderful and hush puppies have a sweetness where you want more. The blackberry, peach, and cherry cobbler is homemade and the reward to end a great que.

1  Thank Thomas R

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Lived in High Point in my school-aged days. Never ate at Kepley's. Now I live in Charlotte, NC and visit my mother regularly in High Point. She knows without even asking that when we come we HAVE TO HAVE Kepley's BBQ. The BBQ is great, the hushpuppies are awesome and the ladies who are the regular waitresses know at the end of the meal I HAVE TO HAVE peach cobbler (they even know I order with extra crust). That's just how often I try to eat there. The waitresses are super friendly and always hustling about. Mr. Burleson is always there and always ready to greet you with a smile and a few kind words. Don't be surprised if you become a "regular", he may even sit down and talk with you a spell. It's a small BBQ joint so you could have to wait for a table, but we've never had to wait long. So go treat yourself.......!!!

1  Thank SuprSweetMom
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Good portions for reasonable price. The blackberry cobbler was delicious. They offer serving sizes that suit the size of your appetite.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Don't get me wrong, the food here is very good, but it is overrated in my opinion. The BBQ is average and I have had much better here in NC now that I have lived here so many years and traveled all over the state. BBQ is the best thing on the menu, however. If you do eat here do get the BBQ. Service is good, but slow at times.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch, we were attracted to its age. It's really your old time BBQ joint. We both got the BBQ sandwich and hush puppies. I was most impressed with their Carolina vinegar based sauce. It packed a great punch. We'll have to get a couple of bottles of it to go next time we're there.