“Incredible plant based meal”
Review of 4118 Kitchen + Bar

4118 Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Description: 4118 is a new dining destination in Highlands, NC. With a casual relaxed atmosphere we aim to provide our guests with a great food and dining experience. Our culinary team is led by Chef Adam Bresnahan, he and his team are committed to serving local, regional, and sustainable products. Focusing on Southern flavors and modern technique there is sure to be something on our ever changing seasonal menu to whet your appetite. We also have a full service bar, custom cocktail list, and local beer selection. Don't forget to ask about our daily specials.. our service team is here to help guide you through your dining experience
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

having been planted based for over twenty years, my first impression was that I would definitely have to order a salad and wine and be happy. Wrong! I had one of the best plant based dishes I've ever had in the US or Europe. First of all my local friends had called ahead to be sure I could get something in this heavy carnivorous restaurant. When we arrived Chef Adam came out and talked with me about what I might like and he made suggestions. The veggies and rice were cooked to perfection and the seasonings were incredible (slightly curried). Whenever I'm back in Highlands, I'll head straight for 4118 and Chef Adam. The drinks and wine were great, too, along with the service. (I'd call ahead.)

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (101)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Heard this place catered to locals, not tourists, but decided to make a reservation anyway. Showed up at the agreed upon time and was immediately taken to our table. After a few long minutes the waitress came forward and took our drink orders. That's the last closeup we got of her. After about 20 minutes a waiter came by and retook our drink orders. Never saw him again either. At the 30 minute mark the manager approached asking if everything was ok. We said nope and left. Therefore, I can't rate the drinks, the salad, the main dish, the dessert, or even the water. And, I should add the restaurant was not close to full. Please sir, do not apologize or make excuses. It was obvious this is a local joint. Tourists beware!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank V5470VHkathyn
Reviewed 7 June 2021

I came with a group of friends on a motorcycle ride through Highlands, and we stopped for the Sunday brunch. Food was as awesome as a fancy and expensive restaurant but the prices were great, and the food and drinks were amazing. Great service too. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 7 June 2021

We had a great lunch here. They have some killer lunch specials. Really enjoyed. We had fish and chips and duck egg rolls

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Engaging service, amazing, delicious, and thoughtful flavors in the craft cocktails and foods that deliver sheer oral pleasure. Best bloody mary and shrimp and grits I've ever had. Lots of passionate craftspeople shine in every aspect of the food and beverage. Thank you for sharing your talent to give us a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: February 2021