All reviewsdead end streetcinnamon rollsnorth carolinafree breakfastyogurtthe breakfast areacomfortable bedseasy accessfront desk staffbusiness tripmeenapillowshighwaymicrotel
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is tucked away, up a hill on a dead end street. The property is very wooded and you can barely see or hear the interstate that it is right next to it. You feel like you are way out in the middle of nowhere, but just down the hill you are back in mess of things. All the staff was friendly and seemed to genuinely care about the hotel. The rooms are very spacious with high ceiling and nice furniture. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were high quality. The room included a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was huge and the tub was clean enough to take a bath in. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Teresa I, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Morris47201:

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel you posted on the TripAdvisor website on 03/03/17. We are happy that your visit to Hillsborough was a success and that our staff was able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, if your travels bring you this way. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This Is A Good Holiday Inn in A Good location. A little more attention needs to be paid to details. They couldn't find my reservation at first and then there are hornet's in the ground by the door. Clean and comfortable.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Elizabeth O:

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel you posted on the TripAdvisor website on 03/03/17. We are happy that your visit to Hillsborough was a success and that our staff was able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We appreciate your comments and are working to make the corrections. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, if your travels bring you this way. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This is a very basic Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast area was kept very clean and well stocked. The fitness room was the smallest fitness I have ever seen and my husband couldn't get the equipment to work. The pool is outside.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Teresa I, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear 802girl:

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel you posted on the TripAdvisor website on 02/13/17. I am sorry that our Fitness Center did not meet your needs as it is small compared to other hotels and that you were unaware the key to operate the equipment is located at the front desk. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, if your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I almost rated this place 3/5 instead. the deciding positive was the check in staff. the hotel itself needs help with maintenance and housekeeping. My room could use a paint job as there were way more than usual scuff marks on the wall and a lampshade on one of the lamps had a small hole (reminiscent of a cigarette burn in a motel with "budget" on the sign outside) also, as is usual the housekeepers need to be more focused on details. things like dust bunnies under the edge of the bed are easy to clean but mostly overlooked.

the immediate area around the hotel is basically a dead end street with big box fast food being the only restaurants in the immediate vicinity. on the positive side of this is the fact that I-85 is easily accessible.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Teresa I, Front Desk Receptionist at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear ThatPilot Tech:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Teresa I
Front Desk Receptionist

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night while visiting family in Chapel Hill. The hotel is close to downtown historic Hillsborough. We found a welcoming staff and a very satisfactory facility...clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Teresa I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Dear bethaAsheville_NC:

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel that you posted on the Tripadvisor website on 11/27/16. We are extremely happy that your visit to Hillsborough was a success and that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, if your travels bring you this way. Have a wonderful day!!

Regards,