Review of Pirate's Den

Terrible
Porch,Building,Patio,Flooring,Bench
Road,Road Sign,Sign,Urban,Outdoors
Nature,Outdoors,Sea,Ocean,Water
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Kimberlei...
“BEWARE!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2022 for a stay in June 2022

I recently rented this property for my family vacation. Upon arrival we quickly realized that it needed major work and thoroughly cleaned! It was broken down and filthy. We called the front desk the minute we arrived to address our issues and asked to be placed in another home. They would not work with us AT ALL! We then asked for a refund- once again no help AT ALL! They would not give us a clean rental, refund money so we could go to a hotel (clean space), NO HELP! We were stuck with our children in a filthy home for 7 days! Luckily, My wife, mother in law, and aunt cleaned the entire first day, just to settle. It was unacceptable after a 9 hour drive to walk into a horrible place. I have been renting here for 10 years (Holden Beach) and I’ve never had a worse experience. I would recommend taking your money elsewhere. This place isn’t worth one star. The only “nice” thing was the pool. The beds had blood/urinated stains. We had to run to a local store to buy sheets. My family was afraid to use theirs. It hasn’t been updated in many many years- in fact, the photos online are different than the rental. The couches are not as pictured online. They are actually blue and filthy. We used king size sheets to cover them. The dishwasher was dirty, we hand washed everything. The couch had crumbs/filth, we had to cover them. What was supposed to be a relaxing vacation turned into a cleaning frenzy and a not so pleasant stay! The walls were falling apart in some rooms- closets had never been cleaned, we lived out of suitcases. BEWARE!!!!

Date of stay: June 2022
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.