“Lunch visit”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch, looking for something different. It was fairly empty when we went in. Lots of tv screens about and fairly loud music, but not super loud. I could do without the country music, but alas, it is the south. There was a decent variety of beers on tap. My husband and I both ordered one. His was good, but seemed a bit flat. I ordered a different beer and felt mine was also. Perhaps the carbonation needs some attention. Or, we both ordered flat tasting beers.
We ordered the "Frickles" to start and they were delicious. The horseradish ranch dip that came with them was tasty as well.
I ordered the southern fried chicken club sandwich and subbed a side salad for the fries that come with it. It was a good sandwich. The side salad was enormous. My husband ordered shrimp tacos with the enormous side salad. He enjoyed his meal, but didn't rave about it.
Good lunch restaurant in an easy to get to location.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thanks for the 4 stars!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We went as a family with my 9 year old and it was way too loud. There wasn't a major game on, there wasn't any events going on, it was just a very LOUD environment. When I asked the waitress if they could turn it down a little, she told me that was the "nature of the facility" and that there was nothing that could be done. The quality of the food was not worth the price I had to pay either.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thanks for the review and the feedback Jennifer. I'm going to pass it on to the team so we can hopefully fix it in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were in town for SOI graduation. Decided to try different restaurant, nice sports theme decor, large TVs in different locations so can see no matter where you sit. My husband ordered the fish tacos, which he liked. I ordered salmon but was told out of and had to switch order to a hamburger. Waitress was attentive and did a wonderful job. Great experience and would eat there again.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks for the 4 stars Trigger!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

It was great to sit outside in the open-air bar, which was mostly what we wanted. But they were out of cheese curds, so we ordered the mozzarella sticks. We'd asked the server whether the mozzarella was made in-house, and she said it was, but it seemed to be the same fried mozzarella sticks we've eaten at bars everywhere. Cheese fries were only half eaten.
That said, the atmosphere outside and the beer selection were great.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thanks for the review and the feedback!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

What a great location with a nice selection of craft beers and a full bar. The food was excellent and highly recommend the cheese curds. The staff was courteous and polite and the service was excellent. The menu offered a full variety of items for all and a kids menu.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thanks for the great review Jeff!