2,760 results
All reviewsnags headthe outer banksocean viewhotel restaurantindoor poolhot tubhousekeeping staffnorth carolinaoff seasonbeach accessbeach frontbeds were comfortablesabrinapeppercornbirdparrotspet
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Thought I was booking with Ramada Plaza Kill Devil Hills directly. Upon arrival, I discovered I had prepaid through a third party. I could not get a receipt.

My credit card bill is for more than the price quoted. Card bill shows CCI Res. Called # shown on card bill to get a receipt. I was told reservation on record.

Called Ramanda: "We can't give it to you because your bill is different from the costs shown on our bill." You've got that right, lady! A lot different! I give up.

BTW, the hotel was fine. Nice decking to beach. Clean rooms. But I will not stay there again based on this slight of hand that the hotel knows is going on.

Stayed: July 2018
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

We are disappointed to hear about your billing discrepancy with the booking agency that you confirmed your reservation with. There are multiple ways to reserve accommodations with us and apologize if there was confusion when doing so. We hope that by now you have contacted them to receive your final invoice and all is settled. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your visit here at the oceanfront with us and hope you loved our great views, each beach access and warm hospitality. Hopefully you enjoyed your time here in the Outer Banks as there is plenty to do and see here year-round.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

So i called to ask a question and to book a room. I called and the lady at the front desk answered, I asked if this was the number to the restaurant also. She kept saying hello so I figured I had a bad connection and hung up to try the call again. Lady again answers phone and I hear the gentleman in the background say That is the same number that just called. Lady “it’s ok I’ll take care of that” and runs through spiel followed by please hold. 3 minutes later I hung up and had someone else next to me call to see if it was me being put on hold as retribution for trying the call again. Lady answers phone, answers his questions and hangs up. So I rented another room with another hotel. This place is antiquated and rude. Save your money and activation and go somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

We take customer satisfaction seriously, and despite being a busy summer hotel the level of service you received should have been optimal. We are sorry that your first impression deterred you from staying with us as we imagine it was caused by busy front desk activity at the time. Thank you for your feedback as it is helpful for us to know what happened, and we hope you enjoyed your Outer Banks vacation.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in room 102. The first room off the lobby on the first floor. The lobby noise isn't terrible unless there are people walking down the hall with no respect for others, which there was. The hotel room had no carpet and the floor felt gross. There was sand on the floor when we checked in and it only got worse with what we tracked in the room. The pillows were terribly flat and uncomfortable. We will avoid this location in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for being our guest recently. We are disappointed to hear that our Outer Banks location didn't provide you with the memorable beach vacation you were expecting. Hopefully you were able to enjoy some time relaxing on the beach or in our indoor pool during your stay. With our oceanfront location comes lots of sand, which our housekeeping team works hard to keep up with, and we are more than happy to rectify any situation if notified. We appreciate your comments and hope you enjoyed your time in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I was a bit nervous about booking here after reading some of the reviews about cleanliness and broken glass. We arrived at check in time, we had requested an Ocean Front room, high floor, quiet room. The check in area was busy, but the staff were very friendly. We immediately went to the room to check on it's condition. The sheets were clean, and we ran the tub to see if there were any issues, none. The toilet did take awhile to flush, but we were just happy with a clean room. We were on the 4th floor with a really nice ocean view. If you're below the 4th floor, you get a view of the dunes. We were happy...then the neighbors came back. We had an adjoining room and could hear everything, even a sneeze! I called the front desk to see if they had any other non adjoining rooms on the 4th floor ocean view...they did not, it was a Friday night and they were booked. Luckily I brought my sound machine which I had to keep on max volume. The room was clean, but for the price it should have been more updated, and they need to work on insulating the rooms. However, I could see the sunrise from my bed...if I hadn't I would have definitely been angry that I got ripped off. If you're not going to pay for the high floor view rooms you may be better off at the Holiday Inn, it is right when you come off the bridge and seemed from the outside to be more updated.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view...but you pay for it.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest here at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront recently. We're happy to hear that our friendly front desk staff provided you with excellent customer service and you found your guest room to be clean with an amazing view of the sunrise. With this being our busy summer season, we regret that we were fully booked and could not relocate you to another room, however, hopefully you were able to make the most of our location on the beach and enjoy your Outer Banks Vacation.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The hotel is OK if you pay 150-200 bucks,. We got an ocean view (only ones left) for 360 a night..not worth it. Running toilett, sliding bathdroom door that slides open and there's no way to keep it closed, we had to use a hanger to keep it locked. Very old and outdated room. Smelly like most beach hotel rooms. View is OK, nothing special. They didn't make our bed because the hotel policy is not to touch guests belongings, so they wipe the bathroom around your toiletries and don't make your bed if any clothes on top. Never heard that before.
Staff is nice. I complained about the bathroom and nothing happened.
No beach chairs or umbrellas, they rent for 15 us a day.
We explored up north and that's the place to be..Duck is beautiful, nice houses, restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Oceanview very expensive and you may just see the sand in front
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback, Jorge, but are disappointed to hear that you didn't have the memorable beach vacation you expected. Providing our guests with friendly service and a clean, comfortable accommodations is a top priority, so we will review your comments with staff to see where improvements can be made. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you otherwise enjoyed the Outer Banks area.