Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$148
PricelineUS$123
FindHotelUS$136
Agoda.comUS$123
Lol.travelUS$148
All reviews room was clean third floor the wi fi easy access to the beach obx bedding microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2020 via mobile

Erika was amazing at the front desk. Yes there are two and thay are both good but my sweet late night girl rocks. Biggest asset they have. Rooms are soso. Old and needs a face lift. We enjoyed our stay but if you can't adapt you will hate it. It is self serve. You clean your own room. Get your own towels and coffee and toilet paper e t c. Bring a broom! Loved the beach.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoneyShawnee
Reviewed 19 August 2020

My wife and I spent 5 nights here on a kid free long weekend. The hotel is not ocean front, as they advertise. The front desk staff were friendly on check in, however I witnessed them on multiple occasions not following their own masking policy. Our room was clean(ish), and the tub drain was not ideal as it would not drain properly. The sheets did have some stains on them as well. The pool water was very cloudy, and the pool deck had maybe 6 chairs. The property is definitely showing it's age and is in desperate need of a remodel. We chose this hotel because of the low cost for the long weekend in the middle of the peak season, but you get what you pay for.

2  Thank cswheeler92
Reviewed 12 August 2020

We almost canceled our trip because of negative reviews. I'm so glad we didn't. People nit pick too much.

Beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. Upon arrival, the air was was on and the room was almost cold.

Yes, it's an older facility. What some called "dirty" was simply age and side effects of being exposed to the elements(moisture and salt in the air).

Ocean views were limited due to dune build-up to protect the facility from the ocean. We didn't pay extra for an oceanfront room. Instead we took our chairs down to the beach (a short walk across the parking lot and past the pool) and sat on the beach to watch beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

People complained that the cleaning staff didn't come daily to change towels, etc. Well, the front desk clerk tells you upon check-in that in an effort to limit contact there won't be daily maid service. We put dirty towels outside in the morning (as instructed by front desk), and had clean towels inside when we returned from the beach. The cleaning staff we encountered were very pleasant.

My 1 disappointment was the breakfast. It was grab and go (again to limit contact and follow covid guidelines). There was never enough to last the 2 hour time frame. We simply picked up breakfast items from the grocery store and heated them in the microwave in the room.

We had a great time on our vacation. We came for the beach....not the room.

PROS
*pleasant and accommodating staff *location
*value
*cleanliness

CONS
*age of facility
*dunes block ocean view
*breakfast availability

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Star6630
Reviewed 4 August 2020 via mobile

Oh where do I start with this one? I had previously emailed Choice Hotels about my concerns with the cleanliness mentioned in previous reviews. I was basically blown off with the rep telling me they are all privately owned but were supposed to live up to Choice Hotels standards. This one did not. I also feel the hotel was tipped off. My other family members all got their rooms early...like one o’clock. Ours however was not available until four...turned out to be four-thirty. The staff member was rude to me so I had my husband deal with them instead. All that waiting to get a dirty ground floor room with a moving toilet. My brother-in-law and his wife got an upgraded Oceanfront room on the third floor at no extra charge. My niece and her family an almost equally dismal room but at least their toilet stayed put when using. My feet got filthy just walking into the room. The pool was decent but the water was a bit cloudy. My advice is find somewhere else to stay if at all possible. Enjoy my enclosed photos lol.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ladiedy
Reviewed 31 July 2020

I checked in with my family on 7/25. First of all, the pictures on the website look nothing like the hotel. The hotel is nasty!! And that is being kind. There were 3 clerks at the desk with only 1 wearing a mask and another one dropping the "F" bomb left and right with customers standing at the counter. When we got to our room the door wouldn't close all the way without having to slam it and the white quilted cover on one bed looked like it had urine stains on it. There was also coozies and chips from the previous renters in one of the drawers so they obviously aren't cleaning very well. I requested a refund so that we could find another place and was denied. So I went and bought disinfectant and cleaning wipes and blankets and cleaned the room myself before I let my family go into it. This is absolutely unacceptable. The pool is terribly small and is dated. And nothing about the hotel is oceanfront even though they charge an arm and leg. The smell of marijuana was also very strong in the breezeways. It was not a good place for a family or children.

Room tip: Choose a room on the left side. They seem to put all the college kids and partiers on the right.
Date of stay: July 2020