US$213
US$186
Hotels.com
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$152
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$179
US$150
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$179
US$250
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$189
Cypress House Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
US$209
Travelocity
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$208
Cancelon
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I was surprised that our motel room was actually pretty clean, larger than it looked in the pictures, and felt cozy. Even though it is very bare, the love seat in the living room is wooden framed and super uncomfortable but it's a motel. Its usually for weekend trips like ours was. It did my family of three justice (we have a 3 year old). We rented the 2 bedroom cottage style room. Came with a kitchenette, 2 tv's with good channels, and decently comfortable beds (full beds). Would stay again. Its very cozy and right down the street from EVERYTHING. Love it.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Clean, quaint, centrally located, affordable and very helpful staff.. Great place for a quick weekend or vacation! Highly recommend to anyone. Couples to families. Across the street from the beach. Shopping and restaurants all around.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank abcwhitley
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Recently I visited the outbanks to go on a tuna fishing charter. I reviewed the TripAdvisor reviews prior to departing. I should have listened to the advice clearly presented. To make a long story short, the place is about the size of storage shed. The bed was a full size bed. You can barely walk around the bed due to the tight space. The fitted sheet had female hair still on it. The bathroom was dirty. There is also no maid service daily. I was booked for two days and checked out after the first night. This place is not even appropriate for a camper. I relocated to the KOA Hatteras cabins and was more comfortable. The internet does not work and cell reception is minimal in the rooms. Spend the extra money and reserve a nice room elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank mkharr4
Sarah F, Communications Coordinator at Driftin' Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to improve. We do have a daily housekeeping staff to clean the property and are looking into the issues you explained. Management has been notified about the internet issues and has fixed the issue. Unfortunately cell reception is based on your phone company and out of our control. We try to provide a clear representation of the room in all our listings. I'm sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory and we take all feedback seriously.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

My husband and I decided to take a long weekend trip to the Outer Banks in NC. We had never been here before. I did not book a hotel before we left thinking it would not be crowded after Labor day, well I was wrong. We get there and almost every hotel or motel was booked up. This motel was the only one we could find and we were tired so decided to book the room. The room was tiny, we could barely squeeze by each other. The bathroom shower was so small my husband had to squat down to take a shower. There was only a half of roll of toilet paper and no extra under the sink. We had to actually ask our neighbors if we could borrow some because it was so late at night and no one works there...it is managed by the Days Inn up the street. There was a used wash cloth in the shower, the room smelled, and my husbands pillow had blood stains on it!!!! It was gross!!! Luckily I had brought our own pillows and blanket. Horrible place...do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daye C
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Keep in mind you are booking a motel not a hotel. There is no WIFI and no breakfast served. Considering this is a motel it is for the most part clean and comfortable. It is right across the street from the ocean. They are part of Day's Inn so you are allowed to use the Days Inn pool which is about a block away. House cleaning comes in daily and gives you fresh towels and straighten up. My only suggestion to them is they should have a broom in the room to be able to sweep out the sand as needed and not have to wait for house cleaning. Also they should supply a mob as well. I stayed in their 2 bedroom rental. It has a small kitchen but everything you need. A full refrigerator, stove, microwave, and coffee pot. Also has a small living room area. It was enough for my husband & I with our 20 month old. The bathroom shower is very small. No tub just standing room only. I had to give my baby a bath in the kitchen sink. She fit so it was ok. Forgot to mention there are full size beds in each room not queen. The beds and pillows are VERY COMFORTABLE!!! :) To watch TV you have to make sure the TV is on channel 4. We only had a quick weekend trip in, 3 nights. For the time we stayed it was all we needed. We will book here again

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family