Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
Agoda.comUS$129
PricelineUS$129
WyndhamUS$129
FindHotelUS$150
1,463 results
All reviews hot cider the outer banks second floor no elevator oatmeal continental breakfast older hotel great place to stay the breakfast area beach front easy access to the beach oceanfront room the wright brothers memorial nags head fireplace popcorn lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

I would say this was an adequate hotel, the staff were super nice & friendly (good restaurant recommendations.). We were in a room in the main hotel (119) and it was showing it’s age. Nothing terrible other than the air conditioning was extremely loud and It did have a nice small fridge (that had separate freezer) and microwave and a larger trash can which was handy. It was nice to have a path to the beach. There was a pool but we didn’t use it. Some of the other rooms might be nicer but I thought it was a bit pricey.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RLOPkgQueen
Reviewed 30 July 2020

I can’t really fault this hotel for anything but its age. The hotel is clean, the staff is professional and helpful, and the beach is very pretty in front of this hotel. For some reason the path from this hotel to the beach just seemed especially pretty to me. (See attached photos).

The room we had was very small, though. It was one of the streetside rooms, which look very cute on the outside with the sidewalks leading up to each door. Since the hotel is older, our room didn’t have many modern amenities (not many plugs, no charging ports, no plugs on the lights by the beds). But as I said, it is clean and the beach is quite nice. There is also a pool.

There is a flat screen tv, fridge, and microwave in the room. All the rooms (except the streetside rooms) looked to have chairs outside their doors so people could sit outside if they didn’t want to walk to the beach. Since ours didn’t have chairs, I sat at the picnic table behind the hotel and read my book but would have loved more chairs out back for those of us who didn’t have them by our room. There is an Exxon gas station within walking distance that has a store with drinks and snacks and some beach-type items.

It is a smaller hotel, which is a plus if you’re trying to social distance. The rooms open to the outside world so I don’t think anyone has to walk down interior hallways if they don’t want to and risk running into other people in enclosed spaces since you can enter rooms through the outside door (check with the hotel to be sure that all rooms are like that. It looked that way to me, though).

The Days Inn - Mariner a couple miles up the beach looked to be a bigger hotel if that’s what you’re looking for. I really enjoyed that this hotel was smaller.

1  Thank SouperK
Reviewed 29 July 2020

We stayed here for 6 nights during the 3rd week of July. After much research, we ultimately decided on this hotel for our stay due to outside access, bigger rooms available (suites), smaller hotel size & beach location. I couldn't be happier with our decision. The hotel is taking great precautions during the Covid pandemic. Our room was very clean, no housekeeping but very easy to get replacement towels, sheets, garbage bags. Loved that we didn't have to deal with interior corridors or elevators. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Room was updated. I thought beds/pillows were comfortable. Pool was clean. Beach access was perfect- right by a lifeguard. We really enjoyed our stay & would return if we ever come back to the OBX. My only suggestion is to request a second floor room as the noise from upstairs neighbors can be an issue - especially if they have kids running around or are night owls.

Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

We had rented a condo for a week before moving here to add a few extra days on to our trip. I am so glad we decided to add the days. We had a great stay at the days inn. I'm also glad we spent the extra to upgrade to a suite. Having the extra space was perfect for breakfast and lunch and mid afternoon relaxing. Being right on the ocean was great! I would not pay for the ocean front rooms as the actual view is blocked by a dune.

Pros: Great Location, Friendly staff, clean, fair price, older but well kept, pool was large and had good patio, the suite area was great space. Enjoyed the outdoor chairs by our room. Wonderful place to enjoy the sea air.

Cons: Air was not sufficient for the large room...it was cool but could have been better. Adding a ceiling fan would probably fix the issue. Obviously a much older hotel, the path to the beach is deep sand...it was insanely hot during the day while we were there. Fine to walk on during the late afternoon, but not good for mid day. You can walk across the parking area and use the wooden walkway which we did most of the time. Small beds..I knew they were doubles, just forgot how small those are. Furniture could probably use an update.

Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed here the 3rd week of July, during the Covid19 pandemic. We stayed in the 2 bed suite, which was the perfect amount of space for us to spread out a bit. We brought Clorox wipes & Lysol with us, but it wasn’t even necessary. The room was spotlessly clean. I was going to request no housekeeping during our stay, but the hotel already had that protocol in place.
Front desk always had supplies on hand if you requested toilet paper, trash bags, etc. Loved the outside door access, so close to the beach walkway. Enjoyable vacation and great place to stay.