Lowest prices for your stay
US$150
US$129
View deal
SAVE US$21
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$129
Agoda.comUS$129
StayForLongUS$150
1,463 results
All reviews hot cider the outer banks second floor no elevator oatmeal continental breakfast older hotel great place to stay the breakfast area beach front easy access to the beach oceanfront room the wright brothers memorial nags head fireplace popcorn lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2020

I keep going back, that should say it all. I have stayed in season and out of season. We stay here a couple of time a year when we go fishing on The Doghouse. They are very accommodating for multiple rooms.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

I firmly believe in giving honest reviews. If I see something bad. I have no problems pointing it out. And for our Labor Day Weekend stay we have no complaints whatsoever.

We stayed here in October 2013 and weren’t impressed. But due to COVID-19 and everything. We decided that we needed a short notice beach trip to let our 2 year old experience the beach. And this place actually impressed us.

For a hotel built in the 1930’s. It has been kept up and renovated very well. Even with COVID-19 the staff did everything with in their power to not let it effect anything. When we needed anything like extra towels or key replacement. The staff took care of it without an issue. Despite being full. It didn’t feel full. With the way everything was taken care of.

The location is great. There’s plenty of things with in walking distance. Even the Wright Brothers Monument.

While not a complaints. Our shower was extremely small. And be aware that there is no elevator. But the stairs are manageable and it’s only a 2 story hotel. So you have a 50/50 chance of being on the first floor.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2020

We stayed one night in one of the compact rooms off an interior hall in the main building. Think European style. It was plenty for one night but might feel tight for multiple days. Choose a regular room for that. Small fridge and microwave were convenient. Interestingly, there were both smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same hall. This didn't happen to be a problem during our stay, but it possibly could be if you really don't like cigarette smoke. The building style is older, which we found quite homey, but everything is quite well maintained. During COVID there was no use of the quaint lobby or the breakfast area, but it looked inviting. There is no beach view from the lower level of this hotel, but the path straight out to the sand is extremely convenient. There is even an outdoor shower when you return from the ocean. The location was great!

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Chanin G
Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

I would say this was an adequate hotel, the staff were super nice & friendly (good restaurant recommendations.). We were in a room in the main hotel (119) and it was showing it’s age. Nothing terrible other than the air conditioning was extremely loud and It did have a nice small fridge (that had separate freezer) and microwave and a larger trash can which was handy. It was nice to have a path to the beach. There was a pool but we didn’t use it. Some of the other rooms might be nicer but I thought it was a bit pricey.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RLOPkgQueen
Reviewed 30 July 2020

I can’t really fault this hotel for anything but its age. The hotel is clean, the staff is professional and helpful, and the beach is very pretty in front of this hotel. For some reason the path from this hotel to the beach just seemed especially pretty to me. (See attached photos).

The room we had was very small, though. It was one of the streetside rooms, which look very cute on the outside with the sidewalks leading up to each door. Since the hotel is older, our room didn’t have many modern amenities (not many plugs, no charging ports, no plugs on the lights by the beds). But as I said, it is clean and the beach is quite nice. There is also a pool.

There is a flat screen tv, fridge, and microwave in the room. All the rooms (except the streetside rooms) looked to have chairs outside their doors so people could sit outside if they didn’t want to walk to the beach. Since ours didn’t have chairs, I sat at the picnic table behind the hotel and read my book but would have loved more chairs out back for those of us who didn’t have them by our room. There is an Exxon gas station within walking distance that has a store with drinks and snacks and some beach-type items.

It is a smaller hotel, which is a plus if you’re trying to social distance. The rooms open to the outside world so I don’t think anyone has to walk down interior hallways if they don’t want to and risk running into other people in enclosed spaces since you can enter rooms through the outside door (check with the hotel to be sure that all rooms are like that. It looked that way to me, though).

The Days Inn - Mariner a couple miles up the beach looked to be a bigger hotel if that’s what you’re looking for. I really enjoyed that this hotel was smaller.

Date of stay: July 2020