8 people are viewing this hotel
FindHotelUS$138
Expedia.comUS$135
Trip.comUS$165
1,468 results
All reviews hot cider the outer banks second floor no elevator oatmeal continental breakfast older hotel great place to stay the breakfast area beach front easy access to the beach oceanfront room the wright brothers memorial nags head fireplace popcorn lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2021

Before I state why I don't recommend this hotel, I would like to say that the front desk staff was very polite and accommodating. The issues that I have with this place is not their fault. My daughter and I stayed in one of the dune front rooms on the first floor. The room is convenient to the beach; however, the air condition unit was not reliable. It turned off and on throughout the evening and it was very loud when it would turn on. The temperature never really got cool enough to be comfortable. The walls are thin and we could hear the TVs from other rooms, people outside of our door. Whenever someone would open and shut a room door, it was extremely loud. Housekeeping started cleaning rooms before 9:00am and woke us up. There is a downstairs hallway that's very noisy in the mornings as well. This would not be a place to go if you want to relax and possibly sleep later than 8:30am. Perhaps the 2nd floor would have been a better choice. Yes, this place is cheap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, but I would not recommend this place or any hotel near Kill Devil Hills or Nags Head. Rental houses or condos are the best way to go if you want to stay in the Outer Banks.

Room tip: Don't choose a first floor room facing the dunes.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

Last minute trip? Want to just escape? We stayed in a queen suite with two under 4 and it was absolutely perfect. Not expensive, not grandiose, close to everything, perfect beach access, and a perfect little weekend. They had a pack-n-play for us to borrow which saved us the trunk space. Plenty of parking, well lit, very safe, and we even left our beach chairs outside every night and no one batted an eye. Only complaint is the fridge was too small and on the floor.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2021

Very charming hotel on the beach in Southern style. Not your usual hotel look at all!
Close to a wide variety of dining and entertainment.
Shopping is just a few blocks away offering everything from home improvement to specialty shops.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 February 2021 via mobile

I have a work trip to the Outer Banks every year. This is my go to place to stay. I love the historic feel but the staff makes the place special. They go beyond to make your stay comfortable. It’s very clean and quiet.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2020

Stayed here three nights. Excellent job being covid careful!!! Could not have asked for more. Room had laminate flooring which was nice in a beach motel. Nice lobby and I assume good breakfast when there is no covid to deal with. Bagged breakfast was fine for an alternative. Room was a bit noisy with thin walls but still, all things considered, worth the money. Beach is right over the dune. Not a lot of rooms/houses right there so beach is a bit less crowded than some areas. Right down from Wright Brothers monument. Outside entry a plus. Common balcony not the best but still okay.

Room tip: Stayed in 228. Second floor, end room side towards ocean.
Date of stay: October 2020