All reviews beach shuttle continental breakfast golf cart shuttle bagels surf shop room was clean exterior door the main highway small hotel third floor one night stay key card public beach access outer banks short walk to the beach toilet paper older hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel. Nothing fancy, your typical beach hotel. Friendly staff! Close to quite a lot of places. Can walk to the beach, pizza place , ice cream shop, OBX brewing company and local restaurants in the area!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi Patrice! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and your experience during your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I hope that you can visit the Outer Banks and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This is a pretty straight forward budget hotel.

It's location is quite good, off the main highway and access too all there is to offer. Nothing however is really that far as the Outerbanks is a pretty narrow strip in this area, thus the beach is never far away.

Staff is nice, and the rooms and hallways are a good mix of beach ambiance and colors setting a good tone. The staff are very friendly and excellent. The morning breakfast even for a budget hotel is a bit lacking however, as I've certainly had better in comparable places. 3rd floor rooms are a bit of a trek up the stairs, but seem to be quiet.

Still it's a solid place to stay, I'd go back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and positive feedback about our staff and your experience during your stay. Thank you for the honest feedback about the breakfast option. We're diligently working on providing different options for guests. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks otherwise.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Stayed here for 5 days mid week to enjoy the beaches and other amenities of the OBX.

Positives:
- Friendly and accommodating staff.
- Great location - 5 minute walk to the beach down a quiet neighborhood street
- Rate was very reasonable and appropriate for this property
- Room was a generous size, comfortable and clean

Negatives:
- Some maintenance issues that were annoying - For example, 2nd floor exterior door lock worked only a couple days, light switch by one bed didn't work.
- Housekeeping during my stay was spotty - shower was not cleaned during my stay (although clean when I arrived), no shampoo was provided one day.
- Outdoor cleaning was spotty - for a couple days, there was trash by the third floor entrance left by other guests.
- Breakfast, while good, consisted of muffins, breads, bagels, cereal, juice/coffee, etc - A hot option would have been welcome.

Bottom line - I would not hesitate to stay here again - my complaints are relatively minor and didn't detract from my trip. The value was excellent. My feeling is that the issues above are probably the result of getting staffed up for the coming season.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hi Tim! First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite some inconveniences. I sincerely appreciate your kind words about our staff and would love to pass along your message to everyone. I have addressed all your concerns immediately and have applied corrective actions already. I sincerely hope you'll give us another chance the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for two nights on our outer banks trip. We didn’t know it was biker weekend so the road was noisy with bikes rumbling up and down the road. The bikers that were staying at this motel were very nice and considerate with the motor noise at night. The motel was old but very clean, our shower had some holes patched in it but that didn’t bother me. The desk staff were great to work with, and the breakfast was ok for what it was. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi James! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I am also grateful for the kind words and positive feedback about our staff. I will make sure to pass along your message. I hope you can visit the Outer Banks in the future and possibly stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Staff was exceptional, both Amelia and Cai at the front desk were very helpful and provided excellent service. This hotel is a great deal for the price. Only a block away from the beach, very easy and direct walk. If staying near the outside stairwell, the door can be quite loud. Room had a slight musty odor but not unexpected given the location. If you are looking for fancy, keep looking. If you want affordable and clean, this is a great choice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate you mentioning our name in here. I will make sure to share the feedback to Amelia as well .Thank you for your kind words, positive and honest feedback about your experience during your stay. I sincerely hope you can visit us again in the future.