“Great food and outstanding service. ”
Review of The Colington Cafe

The Colington Cafe
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at the Colington café. I got the filet and crab meat and everything was cooked to perfection. The service by our waitress, Holly, was fantastic. I would highly recommend this hidden gem to anyone looking for an upscale meal in the Outer Banks.

1  Thank timmiley
Carlen P, Owner at The Colington Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write on The Colington Cafe.. We love our customers and it means so much to have you leave happy. I do feel bad because I think the brussel sprouts were undercooked that night, but glad all was good.. Thank you again and Happy New Year...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Nice lil cafe.. Great place to stop in if your on this side of the island...Clean and quiant little cafe.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Read reviews and was excited to try it out. Turned out the food was uninspired. It was okay but did not live up to the reviews I read. The crab cake appetizer was dull ... it needed more crab meat , chunks of blue crab... seemed to have to much filler. We had a salad that was nice. The main course was a disappointment. Described as a filet with scallops, tomatoes ,mushrooms , garlic and onions in a Marsala sauce. The other dish was Beef Brochettes and fried shrimp. Was expecting the brochettes to be beef kabobs but it was beef tips. The spicy orange dipping sauce was orange marmalade not at all spicy . The sauce covering the “ brochettes was the same tasting gravy that was on the other dish “ Marsala “
Sauce . The food was a disappointment but okay, I guess. I probably will not go back.

2  Thank zerogal
Carlen P, Owner at The Colington Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

I am sincerely sorry you didn't enjoy your dinners at the cafe. We use fresh crabmeat in our crab cakes and very little filler. The Filet Coquille is made to order so I am sorry you thought the sauces were the same. One was a demi glaze, marsala sauce and the other was a teriyaki sauce. I wish you had expressed it to your waitress. We did over 30,000 dinners this year and haven't heard of anyone being unhappy, so I sincerely apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This place is great. So glad we finally came. Charming house converted to a restaurant. Very accommodating with seating and menu. Good was some of the best, while dining out, we've ever had. Service was so nice and attentive but not pushy. Great for date nights or family and friends. Will be back!!

1  Thank ChristinaM41_12

Thank you so much for writing about the Colington Cafe. We love for our customers to enjoy themselves. With this being one of our last nights of our 29th season, it still warms my heart to have our customers enjoy the service and the fresh food.. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Quaint,casual and not pretentious at all. Excellent food at a fair price,service is efficient and friendly.We try to dine there whenever we are on OBX.

1  Thank waltb48

Thank you so much for your review on The Colington Cafe. We sure do appreciate you taking out the time, but thank you for mentioning we are not pretentious. We were described as that and it broke my heart. We all love our customers so much and love when they enjoy their experience and the food. Every meal is done to order and our chefs honestly put in their heart and soul.. So again, Thank you