Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
FindHotel
US$179
SAVE US$14
Hotels.com
1,049 results
All reviews beachside bistro the jolly roger room was clean the outer banks indoor pool on site restaurant off season ocean view main building master bedroom washer and dryer full kitchen easy beach access parking lot free breakfast kitty hawk nags head
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

I just love every.single.thing. about the Sea Ranch. Right on the beach, the bistro has delicious food and friendly wait staff, the front desk folks just couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. It's laid back, unpretentious, kid-friendly, close to all kinds of shopping and restaurants. Please let me move in for good!

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Guest Services, Owner at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Wanting to live here is about the highest compliment we can receive! Thank you for stay with us and for your wonderful review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience at Sea Ranch. If you haven’t already, check out our website and the Reservations area for some new fall specials — we would love to have you back soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2020 via mobile

This place is literally a s___hole.

Night clerk was rude to my wife upon check-in (only one guest per party allowed due to COVID)

Went to room...found poop in toilet and a bed that looked like someone laid on it. Called front desk. Guy says "I'll look into it" then hangs up on me. I can him back to see if he's finding us another room. He says "that's what I meant when I said I'll look into it".

After a few minutes I go calmly down to see how it's coming. I am faced with major rude attitude. Then he lies and tells me Maintenance checked another room for us. How do I know that's a lie? Because the keys Maintenance used to check didn't actually fit the other room!!! So I had to make another trip to the office for more rudeness and keys that actually work while my wife stood in the hallway with our stuff.

All for just $220/night, non-refundable.

No matter how the rest of our stay goes, this is a horrible experience. Do yourself a favor - find a different place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are very sorry for your experience which clearly isn’t in line with any of our expectations. We assure you that this highly unusual occurrence is being discussed with management and our team — it’s clearly not a series of events we want any guest to have. Since this review was posted early on in your visit, we sincerely hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that you give us another chance to provide you with a far more typical arrival and overall experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2020

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary! Very clean, super friendly staff, and very reasonably priced! The on site restaurant The Bistro had very good food (The Crab Dip appetizer is a must try!). We would definitely stay here again. We had a beach view room. The hotel portion of this resort is perfect if you are looking for a comfortable relaxing place to stay right on the beach ⛱.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Services, Owner at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2020

Happy Anniversary! We are delighted you chose to celebrate it at our Sea Ranch Resort, and that you enjoyed the accommodations, friendly service and dining at our Beachside Bistro. Thank you for your stay and for the recommendation to others. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

First I have to say that this company needs to do what they can to retain Vegas, Miss Terry, and Jennifer in the restaurant. They were excellent and very helpful.
The pool was ice cold and had a rubbermaid container at the entrance full of water saying for you to deep your feet in it before you get in the pool in you have beach sand on your feet. Outside furniture was filthy and if you did dare sit in them, outside sprinklers would come on automatically and shoot water right at them so if you were sitting in them you would get wet and also on the sidewalks were people were walking. Outside trash cans overflowing all the time. Parking lot in bad shape. When we were taking our luggage in, I slipped on a wet concrete step and hit my hand. My wife was fixing the bedskirt that was not on the bed correctly and found a bunch of potatoe chips under the bed, other trash on the floor and a dirty q tip on the floor just inside our door. Appears to be mold on the shower. We went to the front desk to talk to Vegas about everything, he was very upset all this had happened and was very concerned I had hit my head and wanted to know if I needed medical attention a couple of times and I told him, I did not. He sent Miss Terry to the room to reclean and sanitize it again and with her I believe was the employee who had originally cleaned the room who mainly just watched as Miss Terry worked. It appeared that the employee with Miss Terry didn't even know you could pull the house out of the vacuum cleaner to vacuum under the bed. Vegas gave us a coupon for a free breakfast and I had told him that the room was not worth the price we were paying for the night and he checked with the manager to see if a discount could be given but after researching it, they said they could not give us a discount because we originally were staying for 5 nights but about a week before we checked in, we changed it to 1 night and were already given the multi night discount. I don't think this room was worth what we paid which was over $250.00 dollars a night. I realize the property is older but the owners don't seem to care about maintaining it properly.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Waynemech
Guest Services, Owner at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

We sincerely appreciate that you chose Sea Ranch Resort for your trip to the beach and are sorry you didn’t enjoy your time with us more, especially as we have so many happy guests who return year after year. Though we appreciate your compliments to several team members and we are glad to know how responsive they were to your issues, we know you were disappointed with several aspects of your stay as well as not receiving further discounts. Guest experience is very important to us so we evaluate all feedback and will consider and discuss your comments with our team. It may help to know that we perform maintenance throughout the year and have done renovations, both interior and exterior, in every off season since acquisition nearly a decade ago to both restore and continually improve this unique property.

Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom king/king condo room for three nights. This was our 2nd visit to the Sea Ranch, having stayed here 2 years prior. We love that it is directly on the beach. The views are spectacular! The condo is large. 2 bedrooms both with king beds and their own bathroom. The master bath was nicely updated, but the bathroom in the other bedroom was very outdated. The shower fixures were hard to figure out and the hot water wasn't consistent. The carpet between the bedroom and bathroom was very old and worn. The kitchen was nice. It had a dishwasher, stove and full size refrigerator. The cabinents look like they have been there since the hotel was built. The washer and dryer was nice to have. Also, plenty of plates, silverware, and glasses/mugs. The coffee mugs were very small. I believe they were only 6 oz mugs. The living room had a pull out sofa, but we didn't use it. There were two TVs, one in the living room and one in the master, but I wished there was one in the 2nd bedroom. The views from the balcony was the best thing about this condo. We were on the 5th floor. The elevator stopped working on the morning we had to check out. What a pain that was! They extended our check time by an hour so that helped. The resort itself was nice. We enjoyed the pool. I just wishedm someone would have been disinfecting the chairs throughout the day (I get nervous because of Covid). It was nice to have a covered pool because after being on the beach it is nice to be out of the sun. All in all, I liked the Sea Ranch. I just wish the condo was a bit more updated.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

It's hard to beat the view from the balcony, isn't it? Thank you for your stay at Sea Ranch Resort. We always consider all feedback and appreciate your time. We're glad you enjoyed so much about our property. It may help to know that we do maintenance and renovations, both exterior and interior, every year in the off season and the kitchens in the condos are on the list in the near future. We appreciate your visit and hope to see you again on your next trip to the Outer Banks!