“Amazing!!”

The Saltbox Cafe
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday in the heart of Colington Island! Stop on in to taste an array of eats from Chefs and Owners, Randolph Sprinkle & Amanda Wolf. You won't be disappointed We accept reservations!
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Suggested by a friend and was not disappointed!! The food was amazing! Nice wine selection and wait staff was great! Fish special- lightly breaded , great taste. Crab roll perfect as well. Looking forward to next time.

2  Thank smpamp

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

An annual stop on our vacation to OBX. Have gone for dinner but we generally go for Sunday Brunch. They have a great array of brunch/early lunch options. We have ordered a variety of meals and have never been disappointed. We had their French Toast, Pancake , Curry Chicken and Fritata options this trip and loved them. Our waitress was delightful & very responsive to the special needs of our grandkids. Although we didn’t indulge in dessert this trip, we know from previous experiences that these homemade delights are delicious. I had their German Chocolate Cake a few years ago and have to say it was close to the top of my all time favorite pieces of cake over my 60+ year cake experiences! I highly recommend this rustic, quaint restaurant for any OBX visitor.

2  Thank Anthony M
Amanda W, Owner at The Saltbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you, thank you for this amazing review!

We have the BEST customers! :)

Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again,
Amanda Sprinkle
(owner/chef)

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I read on line this cafe had craft beer and several selections of wine with live entertainment. Not too far from where we were staying, this seemed to be a good place to check out. Wow! What I wasn't expecting was a creative menu that was made by the owner/chef. The entrees were phenomenal and the chef personally greeted each table to ensure the patrons were satisfied with their selection. The view on the screened in porch enhanced our experience as well. What a hidden treasure in Kill Devil Hills!

2  Thank PamG512
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Needed lunch after visiting Wright Brothers Park. Had grandsons and found they had a good kids menu. Wife and I split Reuben. All was very good! Go there.

2  Thank ConstructiveCritic
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I tried this awesome cafe as we were leaving town. We read the awesome reviews on trip advisor so decided to try it. It was fabulous. Such a cute quaint place. I had the tomato soup with fontina grilled cheese and my husband had the crab roll sandwich. They were both good. I topped it off with an amazing avocado chocolate torte! The owner/chef came and talked to us. It was great to hear how he and his wife also a chef started their business. Our waitress April was a sweetheart too. We will definitely return on our next visit to OBX.

2  Thank Joyce J