1,234 results
All reviews front desk travel lodge donuts room was clean beach access first floor nags head directly across the street beach hotel continental breakfast stay there again ocean view outer banks the breakfast area staff was friendly the wright brothers memorial oatmeal
Reviewed 29 September 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I along with my mother spent a quick overnight here on our way home from Ocracoke. I picked this place based on ratings and being dog friendly, not easy to find! The lady taking reservations was very friendly and helpful. Upon check-in, my mother was given an upgrade so she could have the room right next to us. This was great as she is older and appreciated being right next door where we could open the doors b/w rooms if she needed us. The folks at the front desk were so very helpful and friendly, some of the best I've seen.

Upon opening our rooms, we were greeted with a very musty smell. Being on the ground floor next to the pool (which was a very nice location), those rooms should not have carpet. My mom took off her shoes and her socks were soaked. We either wore shoes or slippers at all times in the room. The room appeared quite clean, well-appointed, and a few stains were noted on the decorative throw on the foot of the bed. I know they look nice, but would really just rather have clean white linens that get laundered with every guest. The room was also a good size, very small bathroom, good channels on TV and the great porch that opened right to the pool deck. The pool was quite large and looked spotless clean. Bed was pretty soft and I slept quite well.

Breakfast in the AM was as expected, would have liked to see some more fruit, but ample in offerings and enough to get me started. Liked access to coffee/tea 24/7 as well.

Location cannot be beat, right across the street from public beach access. Thankfully, we showed up on the day that dogs were allowed on the beaches all day and we got to take a nice walk that afternoon.

If we ever pass through again with our dog, we will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time to review our property. I would like to start off with a big thank you for your very complimentary comments on the staff. We take a great deal of pride in the excellent customer service we provide so it is really great to see that it is noticed by our valued guests. Each and every member of the staff think of this as "their hotel" and that absolutely makes a big difference in our guests experience.
I would like to address the issue of the wet carpet. I do wish you would have made us aware of this as soon as you encountered the problem. This is positively not a common issue and we would have rectified the problem at once. We keep an excellent log book at the front desk with any and all issues so if in the event a guest writes a review about it we can answer with an informed answer. Looking back in that book at the time of your stay I see no reports of carpets being wet. Please accept my apology for what you refer to as a minor issue.
The sheets in the rooms are fresh and changed with every guest, actually if you requested it we would go ahead and change them out every day for you... the reason for the throw on the end is to keep the sheets clean and crisp. Most people when sitting down will sit on the end of the bed...sometimes when people lay on top of the covers they do so with shoes on and again this throw protects the end of the bed. The throws are also cleaned for every guest so if yours was stained we would have certainly wanted to know that so it could be attended to or discarded if that is what the course of action would be. We always appreciate it when a guest points out anything we need to pay extra attention or offers up constructive criticism-it is through these "FYI's" we help keep the hotel up to the standards our new as well as our many return
guests have come to expect & enjoy.
I am so glad to see that the 4 of you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and remind you there is someone at the front desk around the clock to assist you with reservations or questions. That direct line is 252-441-0411 ext1

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I've traveled and basically lived in hotels (SPG, Hilton, Marriott) last couple years so may be a little biased in my review. We went to OBX for a wedding and most places were sold-out or overpriced so this was our best option. It was a clean place to sleep.

- Pros: Clean, Well-Maintained, Free Wifi, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Clean Swimming Pool, A/C, Close to Beach, Good Location

- Cons: Outdated 1960s Rooms, Very Basic Breakfast, Extra $$$ Charge for Changing Room (Bed Size, View), Cancelation Policy (unlike other hotels 24h, it's 72 h at Travelodge)

Overall, it wasn't horrible but not the type of place where you would hang out at the hotel/motel. I consider this more of a motel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time from their schedules to write a review of their stay with us. I especially appreciate when I have the opportunity to address any issues with an informed & researched reply.
I am so glad that you had SO many positive comments. We do have some of the most reasonable prices on the whole beach which is why we are so popular with travelers. We strive to be the very best we can-so it is great to see that you appreciated the clean, well maintained, great location along with the many FREE amenities.
I would like to touch on the things you mentioned as "cons". The room as you mentioned was clean and well maintained-and very functional with beds, a nightstand, a dresser, a wall mounted flat screen TV as well as a little table and chairs to sit at. We feel it is important for you to experience maximum comfort-with out having to pay for fancy furniture-in all actuality most people are not here to spend all their time in the room, but to see the sights and the beach.(Also part of the reason we can offer such GREAT rates) Our breakfast has over 25+ complimentary items offered such as - waffles, donuts, 2 types of toast, 2 types of bagels, fruit, yogurt, juices, biscuit sandwiches with eggs or sausage, grits, oatmeal and cold cereals. As far the increase in rates from 1 room to another-ALL hotels offer different types of rooms with rates varied according to the type of room. It doesn't really make sense that we would offer a room with an Ocean View for the same price as a room with a view of the pool, or a room with a view of the pool for the same price as a room with a view of the street. The more desirable or upgraded rooms are of course going to be offered at a higher price-and I am pretty sure that is going to be the rule of thumb at ANY hotel you stay at. Lastly concerning our cancellation policy - we are considered a resort destination hotel and as such we have the 72 hour cancellation policy, it has been our policy for many years- all hotels offer different cancellation times it is just what we adhere to.
I hope these explanations helps make a bit more sense for you of why we do the things you questioned about. We sincerely hope the next time you are back in the area you will choose us again.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 September 2017

People were very friendly, and helpful. If you are looking for a place to stay, right by the beach this would be it. The price of the hotel matters the time that you stay. If I go again I will stay there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always appreciated when a guest can give us an excellent score of 5 out of 5. We strive to insure that every guest has a positive experience while here. Our entire staff always try to go above and beyond so it is good to see that our guests notice! We look forward to the next time you can stay with us. Just a reminder there is someone available to assist you around the clock--the direct number is 252-441-0411 ext.1

Thanks Again!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Room smelled like a wet dog. Clean. Dated furniture. Best part was the location!! Breakfast could use an upgrade!! Coffee was amazing, but only for breakfast??

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time to write a review of their recent stay.We value all reviews - even one that has constructive criticism as that helps us to make improvements if necessary to help keep our hotel up to the high standards we hold ourselves to. The 1st thing I would like to address is your mention that the room had an odor-and then in the next word-you mentioned the room was clean. This is just a bit puzzling-and I wish that you would have pointed out right away to the front desk if there was an issue as we would have rectified your problem at once. Our furniture while not being brand new...it is functional and sturdy. We feel it is important to offer every guest a clean, comfortable and functional room.....the main reason people come here is to go to the beach and do sightseeing and generally in my experiences they are not coming for the furniture. Our complimentary continental breakfast has over 25 items on it including biscuit sandwiches, donuts, an assortment of grits, oatmeal's, bagels, toasts & cold cereals- there is yogurt, fruit milk and juices. However as you mentioned we have a GREAT location, and there are also several restaurants within 2-5 miles which offer a wider selection of breakfast choices and some of them even offer breakfast well after noon for those guests who like to sleep in. I am afraid you were mistaken about our "bottomless" fresh coffee pot & the coffee is available around the clock for our guests convenience. I hope these minor issues didn't affect your time here in the Outer Banks.
Respectfully yours,