Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$135
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
US$200
US$158
US$209
US$224
US$212
Hotels.com
US$215
Hotwire.com
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$215
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
US$209
ComfortInn
US$270
US$250
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$261
1,223 results
All reviewsfront desktravel lodgedonutsroom was cleanbeach accessfirst floornags headdirectly across the streetbeach hotelcontinental breakfaststay there againocean viewouter banksthe breakfast areastaff was friendlythe wright brothers memorialoatmeal
Reviewed 13 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Frightening business practices... We were told we reserved 4 nights, but we were forced to leave after the 3rd night! One of the staff members incorrectly reserved our room, so my husband and I were forced to either check out and leave, or pay a much higher room rate. Unfortunately, we had to end our anniversary vacation early.

Other issues...
(1) Breakfast consisted of microwavable biscuits, oatmeal, and cereal.. if you like bacon and eggs in the morning, this is not your place.
(2) Of the 3 nights we stayed, our room was never cleaned... we received new towels only once and you have to ask for conditioner at the front desk... it's not provided with the shampoo.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time to review our hotel. Whether that be a great review- which is 98% of the time-or a not so great one -which as you see from our many reviews is rarely. We always appreciate the opportunity to "set the record straight". We keep an excellent log book at the front desk and record any and all issues which may arise during a guests stay so that in the event we need to address something in a review we can do so with an educated and factual response. That said I welcome this opportunity.
I would like to clarify that YOU were not told you had reserved 4 nights. (We were able to go back and review the tape of your check in and you did not rent 4 nights) You signed a contract for 3 nights-you were given a receipt for 3 nights.The room which you came in to rent was NOT even available for a 4th night at the time you came in to rent it, so there is simply no way we would have told you you could book it or rented it to you for 4 nights. I want to be clear here that no one forced you to do anything. Hours after you were supposed to have checked out we finally were able to reach you and asked that you return to the hotel so that we could see about accommodating you. When you did return you were rude and belligerent with the front desk staff-insisting we let you stay in the same room, and telling them that you had already paid...when that was simply NOT the case at all. When we asked you to provide a receipt so we could determine if a mistake had in fact been made-you told us you didn't have it. We did have another room type available for you, and the rate was our normal rate for a Saturday night stay-you and your husband decided that you would just leave because you were trying to get a FREE night-complaining you were inconvenienced and it was your anniversary and that was simply not going to happen. It was after almost 20 minutes of you arguing you stormed out of here leaving behind a stream of obscenities and threats. I am very sorry that you thought you had reserved a room for longer than you actually did and we would have certainly honored that reservation if you had produced paperwork showing this was our mistake. Our complimentary breakfast includes over 25 items, we do not have a full kitchen so yes the food is microwavable or cooked in a toaster-most guests enjoy it. If you do prefer something more than we offer there are several restaurants in the area which offer a different variety and serve breakfast till 1p.m. As far as the room service goes our reputation speaks for itself with 100's of guests giving us nothing but positive comments on how clean the rooms are and how attentive the entire staff is. I hope that in spite of your issue you were still able to enjoy the 3 days you did have in the Outer Banks.
Guest Relations managher

Reviewed 29 September 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I along with my mother spent a quick overnight here on our way home from Ocracoke. I picked this place based on ratings and being dog friendly, not easy to find! The lady taking reservations was very friendly and helpful. Upon check-in, my mother was given an upgrade so she could have the room right next to us. This was great as she is older and appreciated being right next door where we could open the doors b/w rooms if she needed us. The folks at the front desk were so very helpful and friendly, some of the best I've seen.

Upon opening our rooms, we were greeted with a very musty smell. Being on the ground floor next to the pool (which was a very nice location), those rooms should not have carpet. My mom took off her shoes and her socks were soaked. We either wore shoes or slippers at all times in the room. The room appeared quite clean, well-appointed, and a few stains were noted on the decorative throw on the foot of the bed. I know they look nice, but would really just rather have clean white linens that get laundered with every guest. The room was also a good size, very small bathroom, good channels on TV and the great porch that opened right to the pool deck. The pool was quite large and looked spotless clean. Bed was pretty soft and I slept quite well.

Breakfast in the AM was as expected, would have liked to see some more fruit, but ample in offerings and enough to get me started. Liked access to coffee/tea 24/7 as well.

Location cannot be beat, right across the street from public beach access. Thankfully, we showed up on the day that dogs were allowed on the beaches all day and we got to take a nice walk that afternoon.

If we ever pass through again with our dog, we will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time to review our property. I would like to start off with a big thank you for your very complimentary comments on the staff. We take a great deal of pride in the excellent customer service we provide so it is really great to see that it is noticed by our valued guests. Each and every member of the staff think of this as "their hotel" and that absolutely makes a big difference in our guests experience.
I would like to address the issue of the wet carpet. I do wish you would have made us aware of this as soon as you encountered the problem. This is positively not a common issue and we would have rectified the problem at once. We keep an excellent log book at the front desk with any and all issues so if in the event a guest writes a review about it we can answer with an informed answer. Looking back in that book at the time of your stay I see no reports of carpets being wet. Please accept my apology for what you refer to as a minor issue.
The sheets in the rooms are fresh and changed with every guest, actually if you requested it we would go ahead and change them out every day for you... the reason for the throw on the end is to keep the sheets clean and crisp. Most people when sitting down will sit on the end of the bed...sometimes when people lay on top of the covers they do so with shoes on and again this throw protects the end of the bed. The throws are also cleaned for every guest so if yours was stained we would have certainly wanted to know that so it could be attended to or discarded if that is what the course of action would be. We always appreciate it when a guest points out anything we need to pay extra attention or offers up constructive criticism-it is through these "FYI's" we help keep the hotel up to the standards our new as well as our many return
guests have come to expect & enjoy.
I am so glad to see that the 4 of you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and remind you there is someone at the front desk around the clock to assist you with reservations or questions. That direct line is 252-441-0411 ext1

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I've traveled and basically lived in hotels (SPG, Hilton, Marriott) last couple years so may be a little biased in my review. We went to OBX for a wedding and most places were sold-out or overpriced so this was our best option. It was a clean place to sleep.

- Pros: Clean, Well-Maintained, Free Wifi, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Clean Swimming Pool, A/C, Close to Beach, Good Location

- Cons: Outdated 1960s Rooms, Very Basic Breakfast, Extra $$$ Charge for Changing Room (Bed Size, View), Cancelation Policy (unlike other hotels 24h, it's 72 h at Travelodge)

Overall, it wasn't horrible but not the type of place where you would hang out at the hotel/motel. I consider this more of a motel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time from their schedules to write a review of their stay with us. I especially appreciate when I have the opportunity to address any issues with an informed & researched reply.
I am so glad that you had SO many positive comments. We do have some of the most reasonable prices on the whole beach which is why we are so popular with travelers. We strive to be the very best we can-so it is great to see that you appreciated the clean, well maintained, great location along with the many FREE amenities.
I would like to touch on the things you mentioned as "cons". The room as you mentioned was clean and well maintained-and very functional with beds, a nightstand, a dresser, a wall mounted flat screen TV as well as a little table and chairs to sit at. We feel it is important for you to experience maximum comfort-with out having to pay for fancy furniture-in all actuality most people are not here to spend all their time in the room, but to see the sights and the beach.(Also part of the reason we can offer such GREAT rates) Our breakfast has over 25+ complimentary items offered such as - waffles, donuts, 2 types of toast, 2 types of bagels, fruit, yogurt, juices, biscuit sandwiches with eggs or sausage, grits, oatmeal and cold cereals. As far the increase in rates from 1 room to another-ALL hotels offer different types of rooms with rates varied according to the type of room. It doesn't really make sense that we would offer a room with an Ocean View for the same price as a room with a view of the pool, or a room with a view of the pool for the same price as a room with a view of the street. The more desirable or upgraded rooms are of course going to be offered at a higher price-and I am pretty sure that is going to be the rule of thumb at ANY hotel you stay at. Lastly concerning our cancellation policy - we are considered a resort destination hotel and as such we have the 72 hour cancellation policy, it has been our policy for many years- all hotels offer different cancellation times it is just what we adhere to.
I hope these explanations helps make a bit more sense for you of why we do the things you questioned about. We sincerely hope the next time you are back in the area you will choose us again.
Guest Relations Manager