Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
US$199
QualityInn
US$250
US$237
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$161
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
US$190
US$158
US$199
US$179
US$247
BestWestern.com
US$185
US$175
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
US$239
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)
US$269
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)
US$259
1,209 results
All reviewsfront desktravel lodgedonutsroom was cleanbeach accessfirst floordirectly across the streetnags headstay there againbeach hotelcontinental breakfastocean viewouter banksthe breakfast areaoatmealthe wright brothers memorialstaff was friendly
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I was staying in Kill Devil Hills for the first time the week of October 15-22, 2017. One evening I took my two miniature dachshunds for a walk on the beach. I was not familiar with the area and did not have my cell phone with me. After walking on the beach, for what seemed like forever and the tide coming in...I had no idea where I was or how to get back to where I was staying. I was barefoot and my dogs were exhausted (they have very short little legs). I walked off of the beach, out onto the road and didn't recognize anything. I saw the Travelodge across the street and walked there. I met Diana in the parking lot and asked her if she could tell me how far I was from the house I was staying in. I was almost two miles away and couldn't go back on the beach because the tide was coming in and my dogs would not have made it. I only asked Diana to use a phone to try to get someone to come pick us up. Diana did not hesitate and offered to drive me and my two dogs home! I was so happy and overwhelmed with her kindness. I hugged her when we got out of the car but thanks just aren't enough. I did mail her a thank you card to the hotel and hope that she received it. I hope the management realizes what an awesome and caring employee they have in Diana. I loved my first trip to the Outer Banks and will be coming back in the spring and plan to stay at the Travelodge next time due to Diana. Please thank her again for me!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I had not been to the OBX and stayed in a hotel in 25 years. One reason is don't like OBX practice of having to cancel 2-3 days in advance and the other is rooms are much higher than most places I would go for a non-business trip – even for a beach area in October. I was on the OBX for another event and chose to stay in a hotel rather than drive an hour the next day. I have to point out that my hotel experience is extensive since I travel for work and I have stayed in hotels in several spots across the US.

When I checked in the staff told me of a little known event happening nearby. it showed the staff was up on what was going on around the hotel. Also, there was good beach access during the regular beach season.

I usually stay on the first floor on non-business trips, but the hotel had a policy that allowed guests to bring pets and the bottom floor rooms were for guests with pets. I didn’t recall reading about policy on the first floor rooms when I made my reservation since they had an elevator it worked out.

I don’t what I was expecting after reading previous reviews about the furnishings, but I certainly don’t have an issue with the furnishings in my room. In fact, the color was very light as opposed to the dark colors I normally see and that brightened the room. It also came with a 4 cup coffed pot, alarm clock and TV that worked properly.

The morning breakfast was probably a 6 on a scale of 1-10 for such breakfasts. I can’t put it down to any one thing that seemed to lacking except to say I wasn’t greatly disappointed, but I wasn’t impressed either.

I can’t say I was disappointed with my stay given that it served my purpose of a place to stay for the night as opposed to staying to be a tourist around OBX. I could give the hotel a 4 or even a 5, but the price of hotels and 72 hour cancellation policy are negatives that work against that score. The continental breakfast – even by comparison to similar breakfasts – was a let down. On the plus side the price was lower – by comparison to other hotels on the OBX – and the room was nicely furnished and clean with good beach access.
(I'd have written with more detailed explanation, but Trip Advisor evidently has a limit on length, so I cut out some.)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I did not do a review in May when we went on vacation, so I will do one for May and October now. We had two great stays with our friends at the Travelodge.Fourth floor is peaceful and ocean view is great. Pet friendly in tbe first floor and we never knew they were there. Hotel staff is wonderful with smiles and friendly help if needed. Hotel is centrally located to everything. Walk or drive across the street to beach access. October there was a turtle nest there.I think there were 50 some baby turtles going to the ocean. We would have not known this if Scott at the night desk had not shared this information with us,thanks Scott.Thanks to Sheri and Diana and the rest of the staff fir treating us like family. Love you all. Hope to see you next year!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time to review their stay with us. When that review comes from one of our "frequent fliers" it makes us so happy. It is so wonderful that you can get to visit us more than once a year. It seems that you touched on many different aspects, but I would like elaborate on what you wrote and add in a few more things worth mentioning....
We offer a complimentary continental breakfast with over 20+ items. I know that you love to visit our local breakfast restaurants-which I might mention there are several of, in the area (because as you mentioned we are centrally located) and a few of them even offer breakfast till 2 p.m. for those who like to sleep in.
The staff here all think of this hotel as "theirs"-and we take a great deal of pride in the excellent customer service we offer to our valued guests.
We do in fact have pet friendly rooms (which are located only on the 1st floor). There is a variety of room types to choose from- the most popular being the rooms which offer a private gated patio on the pool deck. I would like to point out to perspective guests that the pet friendly rooms must be rented through the front desk only and are not available through 3rd party sites. The direct front desk line is
252-441-0411 and their is an associate available around the clock to answer questions and assist with reservations.
Lastly, I want to tell you that we treat you like family-because you have stayed with us so often we consider you part of our extended family. Here at the Travelodge we try in be sure every guest has a positive experience and we are genuinely excited when see that we have one of our "family" coming for a visit. Each and every member of our staff extends a hearty thank you for your continued business and we look forward to the next time you can join us. Enjoy your holidays and the new year...until our paths cross again.
Sincerely yours,
Guest Relations

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We had an unexpected two nights at this hotel due to a broken down car. The room was clean, the location was perfect, the pool was great, and the staff was amazing! Our car broke down and was being worked on so we were staying at this hotel without a car at the start of a hurricane so we were unable to go to the beach. I went to the front desk to get recommendations for walk-able restaurants, shops, and other places for my family. Not only were we given recommendations but Diana lent us her car for the following day! We were able to go to Manteo and enjoy the day together instead of spending time in the hotel room watching TV. I can't say enough about how kind and thoughtful (and shocking!) it was of Diana. We'll certainly be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time from their busy lives to write a review of their stay in our hotel. I am sorry that you had car issues while here on vacation-but I am so happy that led you to us. We here at the Travelodge take a great deal of pride in our hotel, and this is yet another positive review that shows people notice and appreciate that. I am glad you had the opportunity to do some sightseeing while "stranded" here. I remember you well and it was my pleasure to be able to help your family out. I feel that it was unfortunate enough that you had car trouble-being stuck in the hotel was just not fair to your kids (or you). I simply did what I would hope someone might do if I were in your situation, random acts of kindness-if practiced daily by society would lead to a nicer world for us all. My only request was that you "pay it forward"-plus I think it was a great lesson in empathy & compassion for your kids to be a part of. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and I look forward to the next time you guys can come back for a visit.
Guest Relations manager

p.s. thank you also for the gift bag you left at the counter..it was absolutely perfect with everything I LOVE!!!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Very pleasant stay. Room was quiet, clean, nicely decorated. Staff was very friendly. Location, while not beachfront, was directly across the street from beach access. We didn’t pay beachfront price either. Our room walked out to the pool, which was quite nice. Breakfast was adequate, nothing fancy, but we didn’t feel the need to go elsewhere and spend more money. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
nagsheadbeachhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

It is always appreciated when a guest takes the time to review their stay with us. We take a great deal of pride in our hotel and from the sound of your review we are doing a great job. Thank you for also for letting others know that while we are on fact pet friendly- the rooms were PLEASANT-CLEAN-QUIET & NICELY DECORATED. More often than not when you get a pet friendly room at other hotels-people's experiences are not always positive ones. We strive to be sure every guest enjoys their stay and that every room is up to the high standards we hold ourselves to. We look forward to the next time you can come back for another visit and remind you there is someone at the front desk around the clock to assist you. The direct line is 252-441-0411 ext.1
****Also just a heads up for future guests-the pet friendly room are ONLY available for rent through the number above-directly from the front desk of the hotel. Third party sites such as expedia, booking .com, and priceline do not have any of these rooms in their inventory. So please be sure to avoid any surprises or penalty charges on check in by booking with us directly.
Guest Relations Manager