Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$101
View deal
Agoda.com
US$101
View deal
All reviews bedroom cottage the cottages covered porch the outer banks older place full kitchen labor day weekend cleaning staff motel sand beach kitchenette obx rates couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2020 via mobile

It is a simple clean looking motel that does not disappoint.

We loved the full and well stocked kitchen! Full sized refrigerator & freezer, 4-burner stove and oven too!

Shower was small but hot and refreshing.

COVID-19 safety measures are clearly communicated and practiced with bleach for dishes and no contact daily services among other things.

Couches are leather, beds are full sized.

Beach access behind hotel a nice plus!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

A no frills older motel, but covered all the bases. Very clean, and COVID practices were in place. My only complaint was the pillows, next time we will take our own. The 2 bedroom cottage was perfect for my wife , my 10 yr old granddaughter, & myself. Great location, we will be back for another visit.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 28 October 2020

Found this place online,First time we stayed here. Have to say even though we were facing pool side our room was great! Awesome staff service, clean room and definitely didn't have a complaint other then we couldn't get another night booked. Can't wait to come back in another month! A+++

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2020

We just got back from another happy stay at the Cavalier. The place was clean, as always, and the staff was very attentive and helpful. Due to COVID they don't provide complimentary coffee at the administration building but there is a local sandwich shop by the Exxon gas station two blocks away that has excellent fresh brew. Everyone at the hotel followed social distancing and housekeeping was done in a very safe way. Would definitely recommend.

Room tip: Ocean front rooms are the best, cottages with kitchenettes are next best
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank HappyFamilyFlyer
Reviewed 24 January 2020

My stay was this past week and of course we had to pick the coldest and highest wind days of the month. If I could give it 3.5 stars I would but it is not a four star motel. Appliances, and rooms were old, a bit drafty and the window HVAC units struggled to keep up with the weather but it was safe and the wi-fi and tv worked well for the little bit we used them. No frills and no extras but I'm sure there is still a niche for places like this so as long as you aren't expecting a modern chain and its extras then I'm sure you will be satisfied with the Cavalier. The Location itself is worth a look.

Date of stay: January 2020