2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$117
Hotels.comUS$110
PricelineUS$110
StayForLongUS$117
1,124 results
All reviews murphy bed living room the outer banks pool and hot tub off season full size refrigerator sliding door third floor the wright brothers memorial waffles beds were comfortable continental breakfast dune view beach access kitty hawk balcony ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2020

Sheets were dirty. On the folding bed there was a used tissue and crumbs under the bed. Although we reserved a room for 5 (thru Expedia) the room only had 2 towels - for a suite that was advertised for a max of 6 adults. When we called the front desk, we were told that their service folks were out and that it would "take a while". We had to call again later that night and finally the additional towels came. The air conditioning was very weak. There was only a partial roll of toilet tissue in the bath, no facial tissue. There was one small window AC in the bedroom that was meant for 4 adults. I can't imagine how it would feel in the middle of summer. I could have given them lower rating if not for the great location - right on the beach, walking distance from a Dairy Queen, short drive to restaurants and attractions. Also the room layout wasn't bad. Refrigerator was large, as was microwave. 3 sinks - inside bath, outside bath and kitchen. Shame it's not better managed.

Date of stay: September 2020
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We are working hard to correct any issues presented to us by our guests. We hope that you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

I will say the majority of the staff were extremely nice! Except for one staff member named Gail. She yelled at the customers and did not want to be helpful. The room we stayed in was very DIRTY. Their was hair and soap left in the tub from previous tenants, it had not been cleaned from behind the bed, the floor was coming up and we were constantly tripping over it, lose wires were comimg out of the wall. The bottom of the tub was black from dirt.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Reviewed 25 September 2020

You ever book a hotel based on high reviews and then you stay there and are like, "huh? I dont get it?" Well this was that hotel for me. At the time of booking, this hotel was averaging 4 out of 5 on Tripadvisor.
The room wasnt cleaned very well. Sand on the counter, liquid on another counter... I would think this would be the perfect time to work on the rooms and make them spotless not just because of COVID but the hotel is starting to show it's age. Carpet was torn, wall paper was torn, etc...
Again, not sure why this hotel got a 4 on this site but I would consider this a 2 or 3 at best.

2  Thank bsearched

Reviewed 24 September 2020

I did not read Covid changes that said room was not serviced daily unless requested and breakfast was water, fruit and a muffin. They could have at least had fresh towels daily. The room was nice but it needed attention to things that were broken.

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

Let me begin by saying this review is not reflection off Gail and the Front Desk staff. They worked to please us and help us in many ways. They even adjusted room rate.
It would have given it a one if not got Gail.
This was our 3rd straight year at this hotel in September, previous 2 years I have them
Great reviews.
But I could not do that this year. Here are the advantages:
Water hot all the time, front desk friendly and accommodating.
View great
Size of suite great for grandchildren especially 1st floor pool view
Beds and Pillows great

Disadvantages
Not deep cleaned when we arrived the hotel entrance to room is awful smelly and dirty, my balcony/porch had beer cans where house keeping didn’t check to clean it, TV in bedroom didn’t work fir 12 days.
Behind dresser and couch candy wrappers and dirt. The closet door was missing and the light burned that we ask yo be fixed that wasn’t fixed.
Pictures missing from walls,lamps in living didn’t work half the time, balcony door only had chain lock the lock was ordered
When we checked in and went to room we came out and told them that this room was awful they sent me to 111 and it was worse than 112. We ask if the room could be cleaned they said they didn’t have anyone until I’m the morning but room was never cleaned until I cleaned it
It looked like they were doing renovations because whomever painted had paint on the floor and curtains looked like my grandchildren painted fir them.
Everyday but the last 2 we had to go get towels at the office which most of time they were already out for the day because housekeeping didn’t put on our door our supplies.
The pool area was never cleaned it had cans and trash on it all week and no pool towels were put out. My husband skimmed the top of pool 2 mornings and picked up trash.
Iron was missing but had a ironing board.
It was trashy on the path to the beach and old furniture in the grass.
We really like this place because it fits us I hope next year it’s cleaned up and looks like it did when we first stayed there the last 2 years.
Best Western needs to step in and get this place fixed for these employees and I realize there’s been a COVID situation but COVID wasn’t the cause for all this.

Trip type: Travelled with family