2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
BestWestern.com
Hotels.comUS$127
Agoda.comUS$150
PricelineUS$127
1,125 results
All reviews murphy bed living room the outer banks pool and hot tub off season full size refrigerator sliding door third floor the wright brothers memorial beds were comfortable continental breakfast dune view beach access balcony ocean obx sinks
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2020

The rooms needs to be deep cleaned and painted. There was mold in the grout of the tub and mold on the ceiling above the shower with paint peeling. It also had a musty smell. The air in the room and from the AC units was musty and stale. I felt the price was way to high especially Saturday night when the amenities are not available and the state of the room. I have stayed in top notch B&B that didn't cost the amount I paid for Saturday night ( I stayed 3 nights). Due to Covid they provided a bag breakfast with bottle water, a muffin (not good) small container of apple sauce and a granola bar. I appreciated the effort but could have been better. On a positive note the staff were wonderful. They were all very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Thank you for your feedback! We have started our fall deep clean. Please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 5 October 2020

I booked this hotel as a final getaway with my 8-months pregnant wife before the birth of our child. One of the things that attracted me was the "100% Smoke-free hotel, including our balconies" policy. This is stated on their website along with a threat of a $250 fine for smoking on the premises. We checked in and headed to our room, which was decent...the place has seen better days and feels dumpy and dated. As we spent the $$ for on oceanfront suite, I was looking forward to some refreshing ocean breezes. All that disappeared when upon opening the door to the balcony, we were hit will a wall of cigarette smoke from another balcony. It filled the room and we closed the door. We tried several more times the first night and each time, there was smoke coming from one of the other balconies. Cigarettes and marijuana. I tried to call the front desk but neither of the two phones were operation so I had to call on my cell phone. I complained to the front desk the next day and was told they would look into it.

To make this short, nothing was done to address the smoking. Both weed and cigarette smoke were constantly in the air in the room. I complained several times to the front and was told that the manager would be there when we checked out. Surprise...no manager upon check out.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! The place is a joke. The no-smoking policy is absolutely not enforced. They proudly display their NC health department sanitation score of C in the lobby. I should have walked out the moment i saw that.

Date of stay: October 2020
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

We do our best to enforce the smoke free policy. The guest you mentioned was charged the smoking fee. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and we hope that you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 2 October 2020

Long in the tooth, the oceanfront room was outfitted and laid out much better than expected. Full size refrigerator, pull-down bed in the living area and 2 queens in a separate sleeping area. I liked the bathroom/shower separated from a changing area with separate sink and mirror.
Great balcony and this 5th floor room had a great view as well.
Perhaps the chain, but certainly this hotel offered a pre-registration option that provided for special requests. I made two and both graciously fulfilled at no charge. Very, very nice.
The down side? One elevator working though I was assured the 2nd would be fixed before my arrival. Rooms and furnishings are well used - not in bad shape, just long in the tooth. But you're at the beach!
I'd stay again and I'd certainly look for a best price option.

Room tip: 5th floor was a good choice for me.
Date of stay: October 2020
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Thank you for your feedback Bob! We appreciate you! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2020

Sheets were dirty. On the folding bed there was a used tissue and crumbs under the bed. Although we reserved a room for 5 (thru Expedia) the room only had 2 towels - for a suite that was advertised for a max of 6 adults. When we called the front desk, we were told that their service folks were out and that it would "take a while". We had to call again later that night and finally the additional towels came. The air conditioning was very weak. There was only a partial roll of toilet tissue in the bath, no facial tissue. There was one small window AC in the bedroom that was meant for 4 adults. I can't imagine how it would feel in the middle of summer. I could have given them lower rating if not for the great location - right on the beach, walking distance from a Dairy Queen, short drive to restaurants and attractions. Also the room layout wasn't bad. Refrigerator was large, as was microwave. 3 sinks - inside bath, outside bath and kitchen. Shame it's not better managed.

Date of stay: September 2020
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We are working hard to correct any issues presented to us by our guests. We hope that you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

I will say the majority of the staff were extremely nice! Except for one staff member named Gail. She yelled at the customers and did not want to be helpful. The room we stayed in was very DIRTY. Their was hair and soap left in the tub from previous tenants, it had not been cleaned from behind the bed, the floor was coming up and we were constantly tripping over it, lose wires were comimg out of the wall. The bottom of the tub was black from dirt.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cynthia Willis, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020