All reviews the outer banks room was clean yogurt lobby area a pet friendly hotel off season free breakfast would stay here again beach front an older hotel fridge and microwave nags head ocean dog deck obx dunes
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

I decided to stay at the Comfort Inn because I wanted to stay by the oceanfront and wanted to save some money. Instead of an oceanfront room, I stayed in a room with a view of the pool. Not only that, I stayed in a handicapped room. I am not handicapped, but I was put in that room. Maybe I should have read the fine print, but I want a regular room the next time. The bars on the toilet seat made it almost impossible to lift up the seat. Plus the breakfast they had, it's nothing to write home about.

Would I stay here again? Let's just say there are plenty of other options to consider. If I can't find a room anywhere else in the Outer Banks, Comfort Inn On The Ocean will be the first place I consider.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Great beach view on ocean front side. Bed is comfortable and they give you both soft and firmer pillows. Staff is friendly and helpful. The only downside for us... They allow smoking from the balconies. All you smokers, just an FYI...SMOKE TRAVELS! Next time we will make sure to stay at a SMOKE FREE facility. They do have a big breakfast with eggs, mo lets, link sausage and sausage gravy and biscuits.

Room Tip: Choose the 6th or 7th floor, ocean side. We had great view!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Check in was a breeze, friendly front desk clerk. Room was what you would expect for a pet friendly room No complaints at all. Nice outdoor swimming pool. Morning breakfast was really good, both hot and cold. Included eggs, bacon and sausage. Would definitely stay here again, that is if the SHARKS leave the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2015

traveled with husband and small dog....Just arrived back from comfort inn..Had a few problems upon arrival. I booked online and received my conformation weeks before..When I arrived and checked in all seemed great until I went to my room and checked my account!! Crap was I pissed off to find they charged me $1800.00 over what was quoted and received in comformation..I went back down stairs to let them know and they corrected it but took a day to show up so I had some bounced checks because not enough money in account because of their mistake.. the charges were not to happen until I left but somehow the transaction was put through when I arrived...My vacation did not start off good

I then returned to room walked out on balcony to find a HUGH puddle of water leaking from air conditioner..Called and they sent a repair man to fix problem which took almost 1 hour so we had a repair man in our room and had to leave..so tired from traveling a 14 hour drive..just wanted to relax but couldn't.

Room was clean but dark and outdated..bathroom nice ,but tub would not drain so standing in water not fun.they claim non smoking but ashes all over balcony which I had to clean...Breakfast was very good. front desk help great,friendly..beach outstanding and view from balcony was great (once it was dry) beds were very comfy!! pet friendly was great, hallways smelly dark, old..worn.. Staff was very nice!! all friendly and helpful view from balcony wonderful

Overall I would say I had a great time in OBX and would return again..MAYBE AT A DIFFERENT HOTEL??? Or may give them another chance

Room Tip: make sure you get a room above 2nd floor if you want to see the ocean...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2015

I realize the cost of this place is due to location and prime vacation time of year but the hotel left a lot to be desired. It did have some positive points also. Upon check in the lobby had a very strange funky odor. The clerk checked us in very quickly and the room was ready when we arrived at 2:30. Our view from the balcony of the ocean was wonderful. The room is in desperate need of an update. It felt very old and outdated and had paint peeling off the walls in some spots. I will say the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. The breakfast that was included was very good. The eggs and bacon were a nice surprise.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family