Comfort Inn On The Ocean
US$237
US$199
QualityInn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
US$190
US$247
BestWestern.com
US$179
Orbitz.com
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$161
Travelocity
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)
US$220
US$200
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)
US$278
US$255
All reviewsthe outer banksroom was cleannice deckyogurtlobby areaa pet friendly hotelfree breakfastoff seasonwould stay here againbeach frontan older hotelnags headoceanlesliedogobxdunes
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We highly recommend the hotel. The entire staff was courteous and pleasant. The buffet breakfast in the morning was a great way to start the day. This pet friendly hotel was very thoughtful towards our little dog. We are looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2018

For race weekend I stayed here and did not know what to expect. What I found was a very clean hotel with super friendly staff including Darlene at the front desk who made my stay extra special with her top notch customer service. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night in April as a start to our beach vacation. We were pleased that they allowed dogs and did not have a weight limit, as our boy is 85 pounds. For being a dog-friendly hotel, it was very quiet, very clean, and no dog smell anywhere!

The hotel is in a great location on the island. Our room was tidy and clean and had everything we needed. Random, because no one cares about hotel shower caps, but I do wish they were provided (I like to deep condition my hair on vacation!). But really, that’s not important and the room was great otherwise. We brought our dog so were given a ground floor room facing the dunes. There is an entrance to the outside from the room but the key did not work in that particular door, so if we wanted to sit outside, or go to the gazebo area or the ocean, we had to either leave the door propped open or go back into the hotel from one of the side doors. Not a big deal, but this is an easy fix.

Regarding the complaints about the state of the hotel, I agree that there could be some updating; however, I did not feel that it was in disrepair in any way. This is a beachfront, dog-friendly hotel, and that means that some areas will be constructed of less pretty, more durable materials that will take a beating. While those areas may not have been 100% visually appealing, they were clean and perfectly practical. It’s completely understandable.

Breakfast was delicious. Hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, yogurt, toast, English muffins, waffles, muffins and other pastries, bacon, sausage, cereal, juice...I may be forgetting something. Hot items were hot and fresh. Coffee was plentiful in the lobby all day and a REALLY good blend! They also have hot water, tea bags, and lemon water available all day.

Front desk staff were extremely friendly and so sweet to our dog. We were able to get an early check-in and a late check-out, which we really appreciated.

We would absolutely stay here again and recommend the hotel to others!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurfingDoc
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My husband had to get knee surgery .We are originally from Hatteras Island,NC needed to stay in area and had an excellent visit with everyone accommodating us due to surgery and nor’easter that came through! Thank you Darlene for being that bright shining star on a dark day! She is truly wonderful! I definitely will stay here if I need to If I can’t make it back home. Thank you Comfort Inn....wonderful experience

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendi S
Jenni S, General Manager at Comfort Inn On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that our staff took great care of you and that our front desk clerk, Darlene was such a joy. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

While spending a long weekend at the outer banks we decided to stay at comfort inn. We found a needle sticking up out of our carpet in our room! I am still not sure how my wife, myself, or our young daughter did not step on it. We could have been seriously hurt or infected. I reported the needle to the front desk. The front desk worker was more concerned with the $15 per night they had to charge us for a roll away bed even though we weren’t informed of this being a charge! I have reported this incident to choice hotels. Beware this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, we appreciate your feedback as it only helps us to serve you better. We truly apologize for the sewing needle that was embedded in the carpet of your room. This was certainly an oversight on our part and we have addressed it with our housekeeping department with reminders that vacuum cleaners do not pick things like sewing needles up and we need to pay close attention when cleaning and inspecting rooms. We also apologize the front desk did not show more concern for this and have addressed this with them as well. After conversation with you, it seemed you were satisfied with the resolution. If this is not the case, please let us know. Thank you again for letting us know so we can ensure this does not happen in the future.