Lowest prices for your stay
US$161
SAVE US$41
Expedia.comUS$189
PricelineUS$161
ZenHotels.comUS$200
All reviews the outer banks room was clean yogurt a pet friendly hotel hot breakfast free breakfast off season would stay here again breakfast bar beach access ocean dogs dunes obx sunrise waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2019

My wife and I along with our Golden Retriever had a fun time at the hotel. The ground level oceanfront room made working the dog easy. The hotel staff was courteous and professional. They all went out of their way to make all us feel at home. The room and common areas were clean and maintained. The hotel was a quick walk to the beach, eateries and shops. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank goldenmemories_obx
Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

I booked this hotel without knowing anything about it because I could get an ocean front room. I was very pleased when I arrived. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the clerks were very friendly and helpful. One in particular—although I didn’t know her name—was super helpful.

Our room was perfect. We had a great view of the beach and the room was clean and comfortable. The first night we had dinner downstairs in the restaurant. The menu is small but the food was very good.

The hotel is quiet, even though it was full. I was impressed by that because I have been in hotels where there was constant noise.

The only caveat is that there are two parking lot entrances and because they are awkwardly positioned by a traffic light, it is sometimes hard to enter during the busy season. I accidentally turned into the parking lot of the hotel next door at one point, but it was easier to get into the Comfort Inn’s lot then anyway.

I plan to stay at this Comfort Inn whenever I can get back there.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank angelaw807
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel. The hotel is very nice compared to some other hotels in the area. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was also an added plus. The breakfast had real eggs, not that powdered stuff, bacon, eggs....They have a really nice lobby and direct beachfront access. The only reason I did not give this hotel five stars is because there is some obvious wear and tear in the bathroom with some rust in the tub and some peeling paint. Furthermore, we stayed in room 119. Rooms 117 and 119 are directly across from where they wash the laundry.... they wash the laundry in heavy duty machines with the door kept wide open. The sound is very disturbing and they constantly keep these machines running. Last night the washing stopped about 8 pm. But they run all day long. If you stay, request a room other than 117 or 119. Because the laundry must be done and there is no way around it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank melaniecT329OP
Reviewed 5 May 2019

We were exploring the Outer Banks for a few days, and wanted a place near the beach, to come back to. Important point to know - this place caters to, or is used a lot by large school groups. We were never bothered by the kids, and luckily they have a large room just for them to have breakfast. Even with making a reservation, the last room that was available on the ocean side was an "01", meaning right by the stairwell where the beach access was. Amazingly, we were seldom able to hear anything from this. Also, it was interesting, as someone else noted, that the bathroom fan runs constantly. This actually provides a good white noise effect.

Everything was clean; water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water; AC in the room worked well; breakfast has real eggs and bacon, as they have an actual kitchen. The layout of the property is interesting, in that the front common area appears newer and is very spacious, then connects with the room portion by a low stairway. This might be difficult to access by someone with mobility problems or a lot of luggage.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 24 April 2019

My husband and I stayed here 4/19 and 4/20. It was a bit pricey, but, we did decide to go there at the last minute. We all know, the earlier you can book, the better. We were greeted by Darlene at the front desk. She was fun, animated, and made us feel right at home. Great first impression. She gave us a decent room with a magnificent view. Zero complaints with her. The entrance to the hotel was clean
Our room was small, but adequate. The view, magnificent. The only complaint I have about the room was apparently the a/c filters hadnt been cleaned, because my dust mite allergy kicked in after the first night. The room was clean. The windows could have been a bit cleaner, but it is the oceanfront.
The bartender at the hotel was great. An older gentleman named Joe. The bar, left a little to be desired. Joe couldn't make a couple of drinks, as he didn't have the ingredients, but he made up for it in personality.
The free breakfast was decent, hot things were hot, cold things were cold, everything clean and neat.
The elevators were a bit strange....Oceanfront access was good. Overall, decent. A couple of standout people, but not a lot standing out as far as the hotel.
Location was good. I would have preferred to be closer to more of the restaurants along the beach road, but again, my fault for not booking somewhere else sooner.
Would I stay there again, probably not. Not in the warmer months anyway. Over priced, for what you get. You're paying for the view.

Date of stay: April 2019