See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! Literally right across from the beach. The parking lot is a little tight but what isn't at the beach? The pool was sparkling clean.. I love how they have a kool deck instead of concrete so you don't burn your feet when walking around the pool. The owners were very helpful and friendly.. I also loved that they had tile in the rooms as carpet would be nasty. Easier to clean up all the sand. We stayed in room #23 and it was very spacious even the tub. Housekeeping was great also! We will definitely be staying at the buccaneer again! Thanks for everything!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Courtney P
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

We decided on a last minute trip to OBX and our normal hotel was booked full. We drove past Buccaneer and decided to check it out. The room was almost half the rate of other local lodging and the rooms were clean. Basic accommodations but the staff was friendly.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

Real comfortable stay. A/c worked fine, beds were nice, spacious. Pool was love. Had basketball goal for kids. Nice little playground. I enjoyed the one night i stay there with my boyfriend. Everything was great except for the tight parking lot. Other than that i will be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Timonica S
Reviewed 9 May 2015

Our family had a fantastic time. We were not looking for frills - we were just looking to be NEXT TO THE BEACH and to be able to prepare meals in our suite. It was absolutely awesome to be able to grab our stuff and walk 15 steps to the beach! If we forgot something we could just go back to our suite and get it - how convenient is that?

This motel is under new management and they are friendly and helpful. The beds were clean and they are renovating the rooms and spiffing the place up. If you are looking for an affordable family vacation with fabulous restaurants nearby and right on the beach, the Buccaneer Beach Motel is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank MandyandWayne
Reviewed 20 March 2015

if you after a reasonably price place that's pretty much on the beach, this place is great. If you are a light sleeper who gets disturbed easy, you may want to look elsewhere

I had a friendly checkin, given the key to my room which had 2 double beds. Couldn't fault the room- nice and spacious, with fridge/ microwave, tv with cable, ample plug sockets if you have a few things to charge. Bathroom was compact but with a separate basin. All clean and plenty hot water. Very comfortable. Heater/ AC unit worked fine

Walls are very thin- I could hear the chap next door snoring as if he was next to me in the room lol A group next door were also quite loud. Inevitable at a location like this though. No breakfast either. Always surprises me when you are allocated a room next to someone else, even though it's not full. Would I stay here again? Solely for the location, yes, but if hope I'd get someone quite on either side.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo