“Not horrible. But not good, either ”

Black Pelican Oceanfront Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I had the chef’s pasta with salmon and shrimp and my husband had the mahi mahi. The pasta was over cooked and his fish looked and tasted like it was straight out of the freezer. We have been here in the past and it was much better. We won’t be returning and would not recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed 11 January 2018

This place has great lunch specials during the off-season! I highly recommend checking it out. There is a blue plate special daily for $6.99 as well as other specials. I went today and got the Fried Mahi Mahi and it was delish and fresh!

1  Thank babblinbrunett
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here several times for lunch. They have several specials each day. The blue plate special is a great price and is delicious. You get plenty of food. We have had the meatloaf, fried chicken, and buffalo chicken sandwich. All were very good. The service is great. The desserts are heavenly!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Large family group went for a late lunch based on local's recommendation, who said over the years that they never had a disappointing meal experience at the Black Pelican. Went on a Sunday and the bar offered $5.00 Bloody Mary's with a lot of garnishments. I had the eatery's version of a Russian Mule with Wild Turkey; the mixer did a great job. The local clam chowder was perfect and historic to local custom. All in our group enjoyed a variety of personal pizzas, except yours truly enjoyed a perfect blacken tuna steak with Asian slaw. Our server was friendly and helpful in guiding the group in various selections, plus being professional during crowded conditions. The desserts looked great and taste wised matched the presentations. We will be back and look forward to another excellent seafood experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped in after a long day trip to Coracoke Island and wasn’t disappointed. We ordered the fish duo which was swordfish and wahoo it was amazing!!!! I ordered the crab cakes and they was also great! I wish we could have saved room for dessert cause they looked wonderful. I highly recommend checking this place out.