“Great Burgers, New Ocean View Bar/Deck”
Review of Art's Place

Art's Place
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 December 2017

This is definitely where the locals go for a great burger in a casual atmosphere. Limited inside seating to eat, drinks and steamers only on the upper deck. If you are looking for an unassuming spot for a good burger and fries, this is it. Don't forget to check out the special board for daily lunch and dinner offerings!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Had burgers and fries for lunch and they were great. Sitting at the bar eating and watching the grill. We did not see anything being served that did not look good.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Art's Place was recommended as a great burger place by a friend who lives on the Outer Banks, so my wife and I had an early dinner there this evening (November 2017) because she was in the mood for a good hamburger.

We definitely went to the right place! The menu is more or less dominated by hamburgers, although they have lots of non-burger offerings, as well. My wife ordered a cheeseburger, which she customized, and I ordered a Carolina Burger, which came with American cheese and a generous topping of nicely spiced chili and a much too generous portion of french fries. Our burgers were terrific: probably a third of a pound, perfectly cooked, meaty, juicy deliciousness. Just what you want in a burger when nothing else will do! I also could not resist an order of french fried onion rings and they were freshly made and absolutely delicious.

Art's Place is a small, very informal, kinda funky, kinda 70's, kinda surfer dude sort of hole in the wall which is frequented by native Outer Bankers in the off season -- and that's an indication that the food is good and reasonably priced. Art's Place apparently has two mottos, both of which struck me as entirely appropriate: The first one is "Locals welcome; tourists tolerated" which fits and works for me. The second is "Best burger on the beach" which also seems about right. They have a nice selection of reasonably priced artisanal and local beers. The staff was exceptionally friendly and the service was great.

Art's is the antithesis of fancy, but if you are in the mood for a good burger and a dose of laid back beach culture, Art's Place is just what you want. Did I mention that you really should order the onion rings if you go?

1  Thank cptcwk
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My SO and I were driving through OBX craving a burger and lucked out by finding Art’s! He enjoyed the five alarm buffer with some incredible onion rings (I may have eaten a few off his plate too) and I️ has the pimento burger with fries (which were good but not as great as the onion rings). This place makes a joke out of being local and “tolerating tourists” but staff was friendly as we bellied up to the bar! Only reason I couldn’t give it a 5 was very limited / crowded seating, much of it at the bar where you can see what’s going on in the kitchen (not always a good thing)! I’m sure it’s awesome in the summer with the outdoor area. Would definitely return!!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast on our way home from an OBX weekend. Ate at the bar and had great service. Food was excellent. Omelettes are huge. Reasonable prices. Can definitely understand why this is a favorite among the locals.