“This is a " must visit" place every time we come to the Outer Banks”
Review of Spanky's Grille

Spanky's Grille
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 14 October 2017

At least once every trip, we make an appearance here. My husband typically has the VIKING BURGER, and earns "points" for Pennsylvania. The rest of us enjoy average size meals. We have never tried anything we didn't like! They have typical foods like burgers, ff, chicken fingers, BBQ pork, and onion rings, as well as unusual items like alligator. We always have to get monkey hot sauce to take home. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Ate here twice during this visit to Kitty Hawk. I had gator both times. Loved it. Enjoyed talking with the owner while waiting for my food. Can’t wait to go again next year. A must stop for everyone.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Restaurant is small, not fancy at all. . Monkey decor .You order at the counter from a blackboard or flier ad . That being said we had a good reasonably priced meal in a fun atmosphere.We enjoyed it. Popular place with decent prices. A nice change from some overpriced area restaurants which seem to cost more than the food warrants.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Just wanted a quick lunch, $5.99 catfish sandwich caught our attention. Drove by further south but u-turned for a lunch stop at Spanky's. A bit apprehensive but figured it had to be good because the parking lot was pretty full, a good sign. Upon entering seating was limited and food ordering was counter. First time here, I felt rushed because there we many options and several people were behind us in line. Both hubby and I ordered the fried catfish sandwich on a bun dressed with optional tarter, lettuce, onion and tomato also came with came with fries. We each ordered a corona beer for our beverage. Seating is where you want. Our meal was delivered to the table probably within 15 minutes even though the door was constantly swinging open, customers came in pretty regular and wait staff was able to keep up with the flow of new customers. The plate had ample food, fries and fish were hot! The fish extended out of each end of the bun and I was ecstatic that it was real fish and not a frozen patty. Given the impression that several that were there to eat are regulars and that is a good sign of good food. Overall a good experience, good eats at a reasonable price, under $20 for two with alcohol beverages Will definitely return if in the area.

1  Thank April B
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have been trying to eat at Spankys for a few years but could not get my timing right. I had read the reviews and needed to eat here. I was not disappointed. The Owner I am assuming was quite personable at the register. Very friendly and genuine. My 1/2 lb burger was delicious and cooked perfectly. My stepsons burger was equally as good. My youngest got the chicken sandwich (which I was lucky enough to finish for him) was tender and juicy. Thank you for the wonderful experience. This trip to Spankys will be added to our "must eat here" list when we stay in OBX. Please keep doing what you are doing!