See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Let's start with the positive ... The Seven Seas has great bedding. Talking with the owner, he said that they put in Serta pillow-tops in every room, about a year ago. We had several rooms, all were clean and comfortable. The landscape was well maintained; however, they would be better served to close the work shop doors and hide mops and other cleaning tools from view. Anyway, the beach access is a real plus. Pier fishing is a short walk away. Overall, it's a nice beach motel.

One big negative, for me, was an altercation that I had with the owners regarding the rate. An altercation that could have been avoided with conventional reservation procedures and better communications. I had called, the week before, and made a reservation. She had quoted me $110 for a single room. She said that they normally go for $139; but, (without asking for a discount) she said that she would give me the room for $110. I then asked her if they took AAA, and she barked back at me that she had already given me a $29 discount, and that I should be happy with that. I quickly backed down and agreed to the $110 rate. She took my credit card information. I then asked her which room she had reserved for me, so that I could look it up on the website. She said that she "wasn't in front of her book", and to call back tomorrow. Though I had given her my CC info, I left the conversation wondering whether the reservation was solid. She took my CC info, it must be solid. Oh well, I was going to call back the next day anyway, to get specifics on the room. Before I had a chance to call the next day, her son called me and said that, it turns out, that they didn't have a single room for that night; but, they did have a double. He said that they can give me the room at the same rate. I mentioned the $110 rate and he really didn't say anything to the contrary. Still wondering and trusting that everything was good. When we got there, the next week, the rate was $149, the rate for a double room. I challenged it. He couldn't recall that part of our conversation. He got his mother on the phone. She couldn't recall talking about a lower rate either. Without a written confirmation in my hand, it makes for a tough argument. They ended up giving me the lower rate, only after a parting shot of "trying to capitalize on the situation." Not completely sure of what the situation was, I responded with, if I call a business and the person on the other end of the line gives me a quote, I have to assume that what they are telling me is accurate.

So, to avoid any miscommunications in the future, I will ask for a written confirmation. I guess I've gotten so used to hotels sending you an email confirmation, that I now take it for granted. Lessons learned for next time ;-(

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank WindowCr8r
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Found this little gem on line. Went with daughter and grandsons to fish over easter break. Staff was very helpful, check-in was easy and efficiient. Were given the exact room we had been promised. Owners could not have been more helpful to us. Lovely pool area, would love to visit in summer to see all the flowers in bloom. Pool sparkling clean, Close to fishing pier, felf very safe walking at night back to hotel. Will definitely visit again. OH! by the way, room was clean and well stocked, could not have asked for more for our fishing trip.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank RadfordVirginia
Reviewed 6 February 2008

Stayed at the Seven Seas Inn for my birthday in July 2007.

My only complaint would be that when we checked in things were a bit confusing. We did not get a bill that said how much we were paying per night, just the total amount due.
Parking could be a little tight right next to the room but there is also parking down near the beach.

The Seven Seas Inn I found to be surprisingly nice!
We stayed on the first/ground floor right behind the office. I was VERY pleased with the room. Large flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, nice clean tile floor, and the bathroom looked all brand new. The bad was a little stiff.

The pool was warm & clean, with a shallow section and a deeper end separated by a short wall. Lots of seating & lounge chairs by the pool. Management did at one point sternly tell children not to run around the pool, which was nice because the parents were obviously not concerned.

The rates were reasonable. As one last note the Seven Seas allowed us to stay without a security deposit even though we were under 21 at the time, unlike most other places.

If you are staying in Kure beach make sure to visit Jack Mackerels for dinner! It's just a short walk away.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Britney P
Reviewed 24 October 2007

We stayed here four nights. The owner failed to disclose that the room was on the 3rd floor when I reserved it, so we had to climb two flights of stairs to get to and from our room. I had assumed it was on the bottom, after all the room number was 26. The room was nice, and I do have to give them credit for being smoke free.
However-- We had four adults and one child in our room, and one day they only left us three washcloths! And worst of all-- when the lights went out, out came the bugs!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank BeachBum98
Reviewed 21 September 2007

Beware their website with photos of nice, clean property - this is not the case!!! We usually stay at The Golden Sands in Carolina Beach, but as they were full, we had to scramble to find a place nearby for a weekend getaway. One member of our party arrived first and called the rest of us to cancel the trip because the room and property were so rundown and nasty.

Walls are paper thin, you heareverything your neighbor is doing, smoking everywhere (despite what the website says) and imaging decades of cigarette smoke and filthy old furniture and you get a bit of an idea of why we didn't even stay throught the night. This is a rip-off - don't believe the website. We're out $140 for a few hours of holding a room until we could get there to check it out.

Don't believe the positive reviews or their website - there are much cleaner, nicer and better places to stay around Kure and Carolina Beach.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family