“New experience!”

Los Izotes Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Lenoir
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We chanced upon this little gem on a Wednesday at lunch time. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! Fantastic selection of authentic El Salvadoran small plates served hot, hot, hot! Our server was extremely helpful and very sweet. You must try the pupusas, at $1.50 each, we tried several. All were delicious. We also enjoyed the pastelitos (little savory fried pies) also $1.50. We even had the tacos lenguas which turned out to be our favorite! Two of us ate and ate and ATE for $20 and change! Hot, fresh, tasty food and service with a smile for 20 bucks, what's not to love? And did i mention how clean it was!? We will most definitely be back!

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch & so glad we did! The food tastes homemade & is amazing. The service was also wonderful. I enjoyed the glass bottled Coke as well. Prices are very reasonable. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I placed my to go order and found a vantage point to watch my food prepared . I ordered beef Sopes , Tacos and chicken Quesadillas de Queso. As I watched them make the Sope shells another cook was chopping other ingredients as another prepared the meat on a grill.The Sopes were perfect and Quesadillas were great. The Tacos had cilantro on them which I can take or leave. The staff was very friendly and I was told were from El Salvador. The restaurant was clean and basic and the service to the dine in customers was fast and all smiles. They have traditional dishes from El Salvador and Mexican dishes prepared their way. The Restaurant is just off 321 and well worth a try. The menu items are priced low for what you are getting.

1  Thank odlandbroke
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I've been here often and it's always been great, the pupusas, burritos and tacos are all some of my favorites, everything I've had here has been very good and the service is great too.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I have been going here for years. They started out in a lil part of a building now they have expanded into the other part..they still need a bigger place ..its always a good crowd. Pupusas are delicious I get the mixed ones with rice and beans. There drinks are good too..the horchata, sebada, and aqua de pina. The rice and beans are not typical either..all homemade. Its a little hidden gem of the main road in Lenior...definitely give them a try the owner is a sweet heart...she doesnt know alot of English.

1  Thank jdanaya22