“Butts on the Creek BBQ is Great Food!”
Review of Butts on the Creek

Butts on the Creek
Ranked #15 of 43 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 3 July 2007

I went to Butts on the Creek on June 30, 2007 with my mother and my 9 year old son. It was a busy weekend in Maggie Valley since the July 4th holiday was coming up, but there was still only a 30 minute wait at 7:30pm.

The restaurant is easy to miss since it's off the road and down a hill, but watch for the sign on the right side of the road as you travel toward Ghost Town from Waynesville.

My mother and I both had the smoked 1/2 chicken. I had fries and potato salad, she had fries and baked beans. The chicken was very good, but my favorite was the potato salad. I like a good, tangy, cold potato salad and this one was just right!

My son had the kids rib dinner and LOVED it! He bragged for the rest of the evening about the ribs...and he doesn't typically get excited about food. We usually have to make him eat, but not that night.

The service was great and the food was delivery super fast! One unusual thing about restaurant is that there's a large gift shop that was mostly wasted space. I though it would serve better as additional table space, maybe the wait would've been shorter.

Anyway, the food was great, the service was great, the atmosphere (screened porch next to Jonathan Creek) was great. I thought the food was a little pricey. $12.95 for a regular pulled pork plate. The Chicken plates were $9.95 and the kids' ribs was $7.95. Tea was very good and plentyful.

All in all, (dare I say it?) a great place to eat. We'll be back!

5  Thank BradMac