“Don's Pick”

Stir King
Ranked #29 of 78 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great Chinese food. Priced right. Go there about 2 times a week at noon. Fast service and good buffet.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We've been getting take out from Stir King for years. The egg rolls and wonton soup are excellent. I can always tell a good Chinese restaurant by their wonton soup and egg rolls. We love the Moo Goo Gai Pan. I tried the Cashew Chicken last time I didn't like it. It was salty, lacked vegetables and came in a thick brown sauce. The interior is not the best (you'll see personal items stored in plain site behind the buffet counter. One time the owners older son was sitting there going through his mother's purse. She came out and fussed at him. I just went away laughing. I always check the sanitation grade. We've never had any problems though.

1  Thank love2wander12
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stir King is located in a shopping center strip mall that can be a bit hard to see from the road since it's tucked behind various fast food and other businesses. However, it's worth seeking out.

At first it appears to be your average Chinese take out but we noticed right away that it was crowded with customers - always a good sign.

We decided to eat in, studied the many menu options, and all four of us ordered different things. We were all delighted when we dug into our food! The portions are huge and the food is delicious! I can't figure out how they can make any money at these prices with such generous portions using obviously fresh ingredients.

We'll be going back and I suggest you give them a try. I know you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Hate that it has to be a 3 or 4. Good food, actually out of the four chinese rest. in Mebane this is the best. However, I don't like going into any place & the owner/manager/cook's 8yo son is riding a bike inside the place. This wasn't a one time thing, I placed the order he was riding it inside, then when I picked it up he was still riding it inside. I would have given it a 3 but this was the only time I have seen this. Here's a tip, try to get there before 3:00 so you can get the lunch combonations. Same food as the dinner & it's usually $2 - $3 less than the dinner combonations.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stir King has some of the absolute best Chinese food in the area. The Hunan Chicken, General Tso's chicken, Lo Mein, etc is hot, fresh and a great value. The restaurant is clean and the staff friendly and capable. Highly recommend.

Been to Stir King? Share your experiences!