We stayed here 6 nights. Booked thru hotel dot com and received a good rate. We arrived late and just crashed from a long 10 he drive. The next morning had a nice breakfast. Btw don't know her name but the nice lady who takes care of breakfast is attentive and awesome. Hotel is generally in good shape however a few things need to be said:
Condition of room, bed was very comfortable with nice pillows, volume on remote did not work, found mold above the shower insert, looks like someone just painted over it. Toilet leaked water onto floor from tank. Air conditioner worked well but did not dry out the room( my bathing suit still wet on second day). You can hear slamming doors down the hallway.
Housekeeping, first day room not cleaned and we noticed that the shower was not cleaned from prior visit. Long hair on the shower walls and curtain, old soap. Second day it was done but they only left one large towel, one small and three wash cloths. Manager apologized and brought more immediately. Forth day same towel issue.
Other, room keys did not work a couple times, staff issued new ones, not a big deal. Washing machine in laundry room had small paper and dirt in drum. I passed on doing laundry. One slow elevator serves three floors.
Hotel is in a nice location within 10 min drive time of Morehead City. Lots of good restaurants in the area. Could not hear traffic from room. Front desk staff always helpful.
I'd give my rating a 3star but I keep remembering the shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Morehead City, NC, welcomes all travelers near and far. For business or leisure, we are a premier, family friendly, business minded hotel. Our Morehead City, NC hotel has small town charm in close proximity to the Crystal Coast. Attractions: Ocracoke Island, Cedar Island, Outer Banks, Ocean, Indian Beach, Harkers Island, sports fishing, golfing, Croatan National Forest, Cape Lookout Light House, Maritime Museum, Fort Macon, Midnight Rodeo, Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium, OBX fishing, Charter Fishing, Crystal Coast Atlantic Jamboree, Olympus Diving, and the Big Rock Fishing Tournament. Nearby cities: Morehead City, Swansboro, NC, Beaufort, Havelock, Ocracoke, Cedar Island, NC, Carteret County, Crystal Coast, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll ,NC, Salter Path NC, and Harkers Island. Local businesses: Henrys, Farm Bureau, IFH, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Progress Energy, Vertex Aerospace, Big Rock Sports, Carteret General Hospital, Deli Express, Corporate Lodging, 70 West Marina, and Morehead Marine-Grady White Dealer. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morehead City invites you to enjoy windsurfing, skiing, surfing, swimming, fishing, dolphin watching, sun, fun, food and Crystal Coast hospitality. Don t forget, we are a pet friendly hotel with easy access to the outdoor areas without disturbing our non pet guests, but are limited to the number available. $25 pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Morehead City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Morehead City Hotel Morehead City
- Holiday Inn Morehead City
- Morehead City Holiday Inn