US$149
US$110
QualityInn
US$66
US$126
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
Oceanana Family Motel(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstexas steakhousevacation weekpancake makerroom was cleanlast minute reservationatlantic beachpet friendly hotelone night staywhirlpool tubhi expressnice bathroomnice stayan overnight stayconvenient locationfirst floornight's sleepking room
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our recent trip to the US. The girl on reception when we checked in was excellent. She was very efficient and couldn't have been more helpful recommending places to eat and providing us with a list of local cab firms. I only wish I had taken her name so I could mention it. Unfortunately the hotel was not the best. The room was so humid it made our clothes seem damp. The bed linen was so old it was no longer smooth. We needed to charge a phone and my husband made the mistake of looking behind the furniture for a socket. It was filthy! Thick dust covered everything. When we had breakfast the floor was absolutely filthy. Old stains and crumbs everywhere. The choice of food was very Spartan with most things not being replenished. Overall this isn't the standard you would expect from a HIE. Being gold members we have stayed in quite a few. In need of a complete refurb.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kate j
Jessica W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with honest feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you were taken care of by the staff. As for the issues you've faced, I can assure you, we have addressed them.
Thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

After a desperate attempt to hit the beach for an overnight stay, luckily we found this place. We reserved a 2 queen bed room a little out of our budget. Upon arriving and meeting the friendly staff, we went to our room to find out it was a king room with a sofa sleeper. The staff was heartbroken they failed to meet our reservation and took a significant chunk off of our bill and came in and made up the sleeper sofa for us. Now if it had been for more than one night that probably wouldn't have been ok but can't quite blame them for super last minute reservation fail; they did what they could. And we were just thrilled to find a hotel near the beach. It's about a 10 minute drive over the causeway to Atlantic Beach. Then another 10 minutes to get to Emerald Isle.

The room was clean. The room had been superficially updated. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was warm and great.

Parking was a bit difficult since they were at capacity and it was a popular weekend.

Elevator has been broke for a while. So if you can't do stairs, you better call ahead to make sure it's working again. The staff was doing what they could.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Parateal, thank you for taking the time to write a review! I will pass on your kind words to our staff. I'm sorry the room type you needed was not available, but happy to hear the staff made you comfortable. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Location is excellent for seeing multiple Crystal Coast communities but the hotel is more of a two star than a three star. Elevator not working for 2 days. No trash can at hotel entrance. Bad smell on 3rd floor and in our room. Door to bathroom swollen and won't shut. Needs a complete make over as the quick upgrades done since it was built were superficial. Bed was ok, towels and sheets clean. Staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi James B,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, we're glad to have hosted your stay. We consistently aim to provide friendly accommodations and that in mind, I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to your liking and that our comfortable bedding and staff positively affected your overall experience. On the downside, I'm sorry we missed to provide you with a more stellar stay as we fell below your expectations of usual Holiday Inn Express and Suites quality. On behalf of the team, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the condition of our elevators, the unusual odor on the 3rd floor, and overall upkeep. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and we will use your comments to help pinpoint and address areas that need immediate attention.

Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morehead City for your lodging needs. I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your next visit better than the last.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stayed here one night for a swim meet and were glad we didn't stay for more. Despite being IHG Platinum members, we were given a beaten-up room obviously missing a picture on one wall. There was a crooked lamp in the corner over a desk chair, again obviously missing a real armchair. Not impressed with the room, though I appreciated the fridge. Bathroom and toiletries were fine. Breakfast was pretty good. Fitness room was marginal. Staff was friendly-ish. Probably would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Jessica W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time on write a review. We value all input and we will pass on your comments to the appropriate departments. Thank you again

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Once again I found myself in Morehead City on business (this is a good thing). Unfortunately, the hotels on the beach had doubled or tripled the cost of a nights stay. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express was not a disappointment. The room may have cost half of the others but in many ways it was better. The layout of the room was unique. The sitting area and the sleeping areas were switched from what I have become accustomed to. But... it worked. I was able to get a better night sleep because the bed was centered in the room layout. This buffered the sounds from the hall as well as from outside. The room was clean and the decor helped me relax. Good job Holiday Inn! Because the hotel is not too far from the beach and given the lower cost and outstanding room, it will be easy for me to stay here in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business