“Nice staff, clean, Quiet”

Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I arrived later in the evening, so I was unable to take advantage of amenities. Basically just 4th here to sleep during a one night stay on the way to another city. Bed was too hard for me. I like a more plush feeling, comfy bed. Other than the bed, nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Staff is very friendly and accommodating, but there is so much they can do when the hotel is in horrible shape. We were moved to the "Presidential suite" because of the strong mold odor coming from the AC. My guess is no president in the WORLD would stay in there. Proof of this are some pictures. Issues, you name it! Sheets with holes, squeaking bed, thin paper mattress on sofa bed, rust next to shower, hairs in bathtub (yuck!), tiles with mold in shower, messed up mirror... IHG hotels and resorts should be embarrassed of having their brand associated with this property.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Hi Marifer B,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you had with the air conditioning, sheets, bed, sofa bed mattress, shower, bathtub, and mirror among the others. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGService

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our recent trip to the US. The girl on reception when we checked in was excellent. She was very efficient and couldn't have been more helpful recommending places to eat and providing us with a list of local cab firms. I only wish I had taken her name so I could mention it. Unfortunately the hotel was not the best. The room was so humid it made our clothes seem damp. The bed linen was so old it was no longer smooth. We needed to charge a phone and my husband made the mistake of looking behind the furniture for a socket. It was filthy! Thick dust covered everything. When we had breakfast the floor was absolutely filthy. Old stains and crumbs everywhere. The choice of food was very Spartan with most things not being replenished. Overall this isn't the standard you would expect from a HIE. Being gold members we have stayed in quite a few. In need of a complete refurb.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with honest feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you were taken care of by the staff. As for the issues you've faced, I can assure you, we have addressed them.
Thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

After a desperate attempt to hit the beach for an overnight stay, luckily we found this place. We reserved a 2 queen bed room a little out of our budget. Upon arriving and meeting the friendly staff, we went to our room to find out it was a king room with a sofa sleeper. The staff was heartbroken they failed to meet our reservation and took a significant chunk off of our bill and came in and made up the sleeper sofa for us. Now if it had been for more than one night that probably wouldn't have been ok but can't quite blame them for super last minute reservation fail; they did what they could. And we were just thrilled to find a hotel near the beach. It's about a 10 minute drive over the causeway to Atlantic Beach. Then another 10 minutes to get to Emerald Isle.

The room was clean. The room had been superficially updated. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was warm and great.

Parking was a bit difficult since they were at capacity and it was a popular weekend.

Elevator has been broke for a while. So if you can't do stairs, you better call ahead to make sure it's working again. The staff was doing what they could.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Parateal, thank you for taking the time to write a review! I will pass on your kind words to our staff. I'm sorry the room type you needed was not available, but happy to hear the staff made you comfortable. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Location is excellent for seeing multiple Crystal Coast communities but the hotel is more of a two star than a three star. Elevator not working for 2 days. No trash can at hotel entrance. Bad smell on 3rd floor and in our room. Door to bathroom swollen and won't shut. Needs a complete make over as the quick upgrades done since it was built were superficial. Bed was ok, towels and sheets clean. Staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi James B,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, we're glad to have hosted your stay. We consistently aim to provide friendly accommodations and that in mind, I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to your liking and that our comfortable bedding and staff positively affected your overall experience. On the downside, I'm sorry we missed to provide you with a more stellar stay as we fell below your expectations of usual Holiday Inn Express and Suites quality. On behalf of the team, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the condition of our elevators, the unusual odor on the 3rd floor, and overall upkeep. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and we will use your comments to help pinpoint and address areas that need immediate attention.

Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morehead City for your lodging needs. I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your next visit better than the last.

Kind Regards,

4.4 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
4.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
21.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morehead City? Share your experiences!