“Average food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

La rancherita has an excellent food photographer! I have seen many photos of food and drink and they all look so tempting!! I was very excited to go and eat. The service was excellent! There were not very many employees, but they worked very hard to cover all if the tables plus bar. The guacamole was good; prepared table side from a festive cart. The rest of the food was average Mexican fare. I would have been happier if i had stuck with chips, cheese dip, and guacamole. I must say I am a vegetarian and this does limit my options.

Reviewed 24 November 2014

The atmosphere was good and staff very nice, but the food was lacking in taste and less fun and interesting than a number of local Mexican restaurants. Quite a disappointment.
One thing they should do is have some a la carte food on the menu so people can order things they might like. Also, almost every dish came with a rice (yes, common in many mexican places but not great for watching carbs), so another reason to be able to add things like quesadillas, chile rellenos, etc., for people who want to build their own dinner. The menu was nicely designed, but a little to 'cute' for the food, making many of the dishes not very clearly defined or what all the options are. There are places in the area with much better Mexican food.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

Excellent Mexican Food. Good variety for Vegetarian meals, Excellent service and quality of food. Great location in Morrisville, NC. Specials on Margaritas.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went to try La Ranchita on a Groupon and came away somewhere in the middle. The place is attractive but not too "Mexican" and the food is attractive looking but too salty. The prices were high and the flavor was rather bland. My son loved the fish but the rest of us were so-so on our plates. We had the spicy steak tacos, regular steak tacos and the chicken quesadilla. I'm from LA so I'll keep looking.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We frequent this particular location about 1-2 times a month primarily due to its close proximity to the house however I would say that their food is probably the best tex-mex in Morrisville.

If you do go on $5 margarita night beware, as the margaritas are watered down. They don't seem to be as bad when you pay full price for a margarita.