“New York style Chinese”
Review of China 1

China 1
Ranked #72 of 105 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Reviewed 26 August 2017

A great family run Chinese restaurant always fresh and tasty, and now they have a buffet all you can eat. Best in Mount Airy.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love Chinese food and China 1 is by far my favorite. The staff are always cheerful and welcoming and their is never a log wait for you food. Some of my favorites are chicken lo mein, sweet and sour chicken, honey chicken, beef and broccoli and of course the egg rolls and spring rolls! I was so excited when the buffet section was built. I can now get unlimited amounts of my favorite things.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Was there for a lunch buffet and the tea was horrible. The food, General TSO's chicken was tasteless. Would not recommend this place to anyone! It is horrible and how they still in business, I don't know.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

This visit was the first and last time I will go to this restaurant. If you like to look out the windows as you eat, (watch out claustrophobics!) you are out of luck here. The windows are covered with very odd looking wood pattern decals. The buffet was the smallest one I have ever seen, but my first thought was, well ok, hope the quality is good. But, sorry to say the quality was mediocre at best. The food was almost room temperature and not very flavorful. The only veggie offered was broccoli and some celery. And the dessert selection was so very scant that the biggest tray was full of frozen grapes! And the buffet is really self-service...you have to get your own drinks and silverware. Just really awful. Oh, BTW, the buffet was $7, high in this area.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I stopped and ordered takeout. It took about 25 minutes to get my food, but the food was good. The restaurant was very clean and I did see a small buffet. I got lo mein and general Tso's chicken. I would get the lo mein again but the chicken was mostly breading and not much chicken. I would go back and try something different.