“Great Burger”

Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Stepping back into the 1960's this restaurant is quaint and filled with memorabilia of "Barney Fife". We went for lunch and had "Barney Burgers". The service was quick and the food was great! The burgers were homemade and were delicious! I recommended this restaurant for a great lunch while visiting Mount Airy, NC.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

If you are taking a tour of downtown Mt. Airy this is a place to get a bite to eat if you just want something simple and good; I especially like their hamburgers. The prices are very reasonable, and it just has that feel of life back in the good old days. I have always found the service to be exceptional too.

1  Thank Melinda C
Reviewed 8 October 2016

OMG the best meal in town, loved meatloaf ! Must eat here for the best home cooking and desserts! Came later in day but still open and great service for all.

1  Thank Rhonda W
Reviewed 7 October 2016

We stopped in during lunchtime and in our case it was not crowded mid week October. The menu is diner food so if you are looking for upscale or gourmet, this is not the place so set your expectations correctly. Service was gracious and when my wife was trying to decide between two entrees, the server went back and got her a small sample of both items to try out. Talk about service!

The price of our meals was very low and I probably could not have had the same meal at McDonalds for this price. The food was very good for diner food. I had a smothered cube steak, mashed potato and mac n cheese and was very satisfied. I then tried the peach cobbler and it also was great. My wife had their chicken pot pie (kind of a casserole vs a pie) and was delighted with it.

I went in expecting tourist food and came out saying I wish this place was close to me at home. Please go and try out some old fashioned diner comfort type food served graciously at a great price.

Just a note: Cash only, no cards accepted.

1  Thank ldwheels
Reviewed 28 September 2016

good foot, very crowded since it was during Mayberry days. We ate at the counter and had the pork chop sandwich. very tasty and tender.