“New facility that's quiet,clean,nice rooms & pool/hot tub”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights to have a short getaway from daily routine. We like Holiday Inn Express and this one is so new it wasn't on our GPS. It sits nearly a block off the busy highway,with a driveway between a Burger King & a KFC. We were upgraded to a King extra large room. Had a nice workdesk,big comfy chair,refrig & microzap,and flat screen TV. The indoor pool was a decent size and clean,and my wife loved the jacuzzi--went there 3 different times in 2 days. Her only complaint was that our room lacked a tub,only a shower---which is fine for me. Since the jacuzzi was so nice she overlooked the lack of the tub in our bathroom. We had a corner room,and had no noise problems at all--easy to get to sleep. There's shopping,restaurants,surrounding the property with a Walgreens right across the street. You're a couple of miles from Main Street down town and the Andy Griffith theater both of which are a straight shot to the left down Rockford Ave. Nice facility that I would return to next time I'm in "Mayberry."

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2011

My husband & I stayed for two nights in a king room. Good customer service, the room was clean along with the linen. I'm not a big breakfast lover, but the bagels, fruit and the juice was fine.
I enjoyed sitting in the Barber shop looking at the hall of fame and of course chatting. The Andy griffith playhouse is a must see!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Our main criteria for a Hotel these days is the Pool! This one had an indoor pool that didn't disappoint! The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. We were on the 4th floor and for some reason the hallway was cold and had a wood smoke tint each morning. Neither alarming but interesting. The breakfast was the best! The space was not cramped like many hotels the food was very tasty and the servers(one in particular) was quite entertaining. However, the treat of the weekend was the machine that made the automatic pancakes. Fun to watch and good to eat. My only issue was a pet peeve, while we were checking in the desk clerk kept answering the phone and carrying on conversations while checking us in. She was pleasant but it's very distracting and makes one not feel too important when this happens. Unfortunately, I find it happens far too frequently. Hope the Hotel industry is listing, the first and last impression of a Hotel is generally the front desk staff.

Room Tip: This is not for a good room. But the Hotel sign is very low to the ground and difficult to see from...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was the first time we had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Happy to say I am very glad we did. The check-in was very fast and very friendly. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We will be staying there from now on on future trips to the area. The free breakfast was the best also!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Five of us from Ohio stayed here on our way to North Myrtle Beach. Normally we make the whole drive in one day but my husband is recovering from a serious illness. I am so glad we stopped. The motel is spotless, the staff is so friendly. But the gem of our room was the bed. It's been a long time since I have been able to sleep so quickly. I could barely drag myself out of it in the morning. We will remember this place and probably stop again next year.

Room Tip: The rooms were very quiet here and very clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
17.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
28.7 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South? Share your experiences!