“First visit and I looking forward to going back!”

Vasileio's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Mount Holly
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We went following church on Sunday afternoon, they were busy but we got seated with 11 people within 5 minutes. Our waitress was sweet as can be and did a great job considering 8 of the 11 were under the age of 17. She was accurate on orders, kind, and patient as we ordered for all. Within our group we had alfredo, ravioli's, subs, burgers, and pizza and all was liked! Prices were very reasonable for what we received. Definitely will go back again and looking forward to trying something new!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Have intended to give this place a try for a number of years but was never in the right place at the right time so this past Saturday, we made the time.

Had a hair cut in Cornelius at Noon so we did not get there till about 1:30. Nice on the outside and they still had the windows decorated in a winter theme which was nice and made it nice and homey.

we walked in and there was one couple ahead of us but we later found out they were waiting for a take out order. Restaurant was about 1/3 full with a number of empty tables open although there was a significant number waiting to be bussed.

There was only one server in the dining area but there were at least two other employees present, one of which I assume was the manager/owner.

The server later came over and seated up and gave us a choice of a booth or a table which we chose the booth.

She presented us with menu's and took our beverage orders. As usual, my wife ordered unsweetened tea and a selection of artificial sweeteners and stuck with my half and half. Even then, it turned out to be a bit too sweet.

Looking over the menu, I was happy to see many of my Greek Favorites there as well as Italian, Subs and Wraps and Salads. Saw a salad on the next table and it looked good.

Ended up ordering Moussaka and as soon as I did that, I got the deer in the headlights stare from my server. She turned around and called out, "Do we have have any Moussaka?" already knowing the answer.

It was at that time, I realized that I needed to keep it simple and ordered items that did not require a lot or prep time in the kitchen because it was likely not going to be available.

Settled on an Italian Sausage Parmesan Sub with a side of French Fries while my wife decided on a Philly Cheese Steak Wrap and substituted Okra for the Fries.

Orders placed, our server brought out break sticks with a Marinara Dipping Sauce. My wife initially refused them to which the server seemed offended and offered they were complimentary and we offered at no charge.

Not the issue. My wife is on a diet where she limites carbohydrates and bread is generally not on her approved items. If she had wanted bread and even if they were not complimentary, we would have ordered bread.

As it turned out, I ate the bread sticks which was good but the Marinara dipping sauce was thin and no characteristic Marinara taste.

Our orders arrived and the Italian Sausage Parmesan Sub was OK at best. Covered in the same Marinara Sauce as in the Dipping Sauce with little taste or contrast to the Sub. Not sure what happened to the Fries. Have never had Fries that were hard. Overcooked maybe but these were still golden and not overcooked so don't know what happened. Very little flavor at the same time.

My wife did fare a bit better with here wrap. Enjoyed the Philly Cheese Steak Wrap and fortunately for her, she had changed out to Okra which she did enjoy.

Not sure what is going on here. Menu if the items were available could be very good. Service is largely a level of staffing issue. I don't fault the server for poor server because she was only one person trying to serve and entire dining room.

Maybe at some point in the future will give this place another try to see if it has improved but it won't be in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We often go to this spot for lunch. It is close to our office and usually pretty quick service. The staff is friendly and the food is good. The soups are usually what I get. They have a great vegetable plate option as well.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a small town restaurant atmosphere with good food, this is the place to go!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Try the baked spaghetti for tender noodles, sweet sauce, and buttery/melted cheese topping. Great breadsticks! The salads are mediocre, but the dressings are made in-house and are delicious. My husband loves their Carbonara.