Review Highlights
Full Service Marina With Exceptional Service

The staff at Mountain View Marina are helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. A full service marina... read more

Reviewed 27 May 2021
bcowdrick
Atlanta, Georgia
Best Marina Around

Always a great visit from check in until check out, the staff is friendly and helpful and the... read more

Reviewed 9 August 2020
ladodd7
Murphy, North Carolina

All reviews rental boats amazing experience mary pontoon rented
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2020

We have rented pontoon boats here a few times and it has always been a great experience. The boats are well maintained, very clean and staff is helpful and friendly. Can’t wait to come back!

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

This marina is on Hiwassee Lake, just outside of Murphy, NC. It is part of a community called Bear Paw, but we got in as guests. There was plenty of parking, a marina store, no launch fee, and a good concrete ramp.
We paddled our kayak around the lake for several hours, swam on deserted beaches, and saw wildlife, including wild turkeys. We were there mid-week, and saw only 2 or 3 other boars, probably much busier on weekends. There is plenty of lake to explore, and we were told the fishing is good, although we didn’t try.
I would recommend it for flat water paddling.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Two_Drifters_from_LA
Reviewed 5 August 2019

My family and I rented a pontoon boat for half day. The service was excellent. We are not boaters, so it was good to have someone walk through the safety information with us and make sure we were prepared. They also showed us a lot of good information on the map they provided. We also rented a tube and they provided ski vests (in addition to the safety flotation devices) and noodles for floating. The equipment was new and very clean. The price was reasonable - and best of all we felt like we had the lake to ourselves. We only saw about 10 other boats on a Thursday in August! Great time was had by all!

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank KimsHusband
Reviewed 30 July 2019

The staff was great!! Very helpful and friendly from the reservation to the return of the boat. We would highly recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

I’ve waited almost a week to write this because I hate giving a bad review & I feel like I need to tell the whole story. Sorry it’s so long. Like 5 minutes after we rented paddle boards it started pouring rain which was fine. Then it started thundering & lightning , so we had to take cover quickly. We put our own paddle boards & the 2 we rented under the dock out of the water. A very nice lady from the marina even came & helped. We went back to our rental house to check the weather on WiFi because we had no cell service & when the weather had cleared an hour later came back & the rental paddle boards were gone. So I went back into the marina to where I was stared at coldly by a different lady than the one that helped us put the paddle boards up. Then jumped on by that lady because a piece of plastic strip was off one of them. We had them for five minutes & carefully put them out of the water. Then she acted put out because we wanted to get them again, because she wanted to close early. I asked when they would like to close & she couldn’t give me a time. When she talked with the nicer lady she I guess told her the strip was off the board already & she came back & told us we didn’t do it. The nicer lady acted so embarrassed. When we came back she (the nicer lady) actually met us at the boards & helped is get them out of the water( I was paranoid by that point that we were going to do something wrong) while the other lady stayed inside & was more than happy to take my money for the paddle boards even though we were no where near using them for the 4 hr half a day . We used them for about an hour. If she acts like this about paddle boards, I can’t imagine renting a $ 20,000+ boat from her. I hate this is the only marina connected to the best paw community, it might be the only reason I wouldn’t go back.

Date of experience: July 2019
MaryM878, Owner at Mountain View Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2019

We truly apologize for this large inconvenience. The weather lately has been so unpredictable and it makes things hard on our end as we are sure it is very difficult on your end as well. Thank you for coming back despite the rain and thunder to rent for a small extra amount of time once there was a break in the storm. We can respect and appreciate that you were eager to get out on the water. Again, we sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and hope you consider coming back to rent with us. Although your first impression of us was not favorable, we would appreciate an opportunity to correct your previous opinion of us and our business. We strive to learn and grow from all of our interactions with our customers in hope that you too, will enjoy Lake Hiwassee as much as we.