All reviews front desk ocean front the outer banks room was clean waffles the breakfast area nice deck free breakfast cleaning staff great ocean staff was very friendly off season beach access family vacation north carolina jeanette's pier biscuits
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great location but hotel needs lots of maintenance. One has to wonder why the corporate owners allow the hotel to deteriorate to such a state when the location has so much potential.
Staff quite helpful and lots of parking. Breakfast standard fare but good with view of the ocean. Internet connection slow.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I had read all the reviews of this hotel before booking (good and bad) but I have never had a bad experience with any Choice Hotel so I decided to give it a try and hope for the best. We arrived Friday and checked out Sunday. When we first arrived I was pretty happy but as our stay continued it started to go down hill for me. The hotel is older and more basic than some of the other Choice Hotels on the east coast I have stayed in over the years. It is the beach, so I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel but for the price I would have liked a little more than basic. The hotel sits right on the ocean and we had a room facing the ocean, so that part was nice. It is also in a convenient location. I did notice our room was missing the closet doors. I like to put things in closets to get them up and out of the way, but I couldn't in my room. I did not notice until the next morning that I had some dried up spots all on my sheets, so we told the front desk and asked to have our sheets completely changed. We left the room at 9:00am and came back at 3:30pm to wash up for dinner and found that our room had not even been touched yet, but the cleaning staff was right next door getting ready to do our room, so we had to leave. I couldn't clean up so that delayed dinner. We came back at 6:00pm to find that they barely cleaned the room. They changed the sheets and made the bed, and that was it. No new towels, no wipe down of the bathroom and surfaces, no new cups etc. We had to call downstairs for them to bring new stuff to us. Also, the breakfast wasn't good. Also, the A/C didn't keep the room as cool as I would have liked. For the price, this was really unacceptable! Overall, it was pretty dumpy. I will try a different location if I visit Nags Head again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MomtoDJG
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We were promised early check in... when we arrived at 4pm our room was not year ready.

The room was extremely overpriced.

The room was extremely dirty, with dead bugs on the bathroom floor.

The bathroom was completely dated, excess caulking around the tub due to old age and poor maintenance.

Ceiling tiles were broken and stained.

Carpet was older, showing signs of water damage along the air conditioner and exterior wall.

The air conditioning struggled to keep the room at a decent temperature.

I am very upset, it is the most expensive room I have ever paid for and the poorest quality.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018

My wife is deployed with the military overseas on a trip back home to the Eastern shore from picking up her truck from base I decided to take our children to nags head we arrived to the hotel rather late the gentleman who checked us in Who I think could tell the children were a little down with their mother away advised me that the beach was covered in ghost crabs offered to provide us with flashlights so the children could see them they loved it and chased crabs till 11o'clock at night the hotel had a nice hot breakfast the rooms where average but the staff and beach fantastic

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2018

This hotel exceeded our expectations. It is right on the beach. Our "no view" room had a awesome side view of the beach and Jeannette's Pier. Because we were on the top floor we could also see the sound. We walked up the beach both ways and even walked to a restaurant and Tanger Outlets (it was probably a 15 minute walk). When we arrived we mentioned it was our anniversary and we were surprised by a handwritten card and gift in our room from the staff! The pool is small, but why do you need a pool with the Atlantic Ocean just steps away? Thanks for a great celebration!

Room tip: higher floors have better views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple