“Views and Hushpuppies”

Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the beautiful Roanoke Sound, Miller's Waterfront Restaurant has been family owned and operated since 1982. Offering lunch and dinner daily in the restaurant downstairs with early bird specials from 4:00-5:00 pm. New for 2016 is The Waterfront Sunset Bar located upstairs, above the original restaurant. The Waterfront is a more casual & relaxed atmosphere focusing on small plates and an unparalleled view of the water.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I went at lunch on a Friday around noon and had about a 15-30 minute wait. The hushpuppies were some of the best I have ever had. Crispy outsides, with perfectly fluffy insides with just the right balance of sweetness. The fish sandwich was absolutely incredible and the service was efficient. The views from the restaurant were amazing, I just wish we got to sit a little closer to the window. Lunch prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,955)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of our favorite places to visit in the Outer Banks! Make sure you time your visit with the sunset so you can enjoy their beautiful views! We had hush puppy appetizers, the coconut margarita (very good!) and the coconut shrimp dinner. The dipping sauce for the coconut shrimp was amazing! My husband had the steak and said it was one of the best he has ever had. We were happy to see the hot dog on the kids menu; it’s my son’s favorite. They also had fun (virgin) kiddie cocktails. Our server Adrian was excellent and wonderful with kids. We can’t wait to come back next trip!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Miller's Waterfront allows dogs on their back deck seating area. There's a wait for a table most nights but you can walk right in for a late lunch.

Hush puppies are absolutely the best around.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time going because of the reviews. Views & location are perfect. Inside is a bit dated. Hostesses were pleasant but not very descriptive when telling us to wait outback of the restaurant and not allowing us to go through it. I think there should be signs pointing us in the right direction. Even other guests were lost. Outside bar, seating and live music while we waiting us nice.
Once seated our waitress had trouble taking the drink orders even telling us that she was 18 and unsure of a dirty martini?!?! Once the martini came out my wife had to get it mixed again because it came in a regular glass and was extra dirty. Once she came back from the bar she had to order a shot of vodka to add to it. Once all said & done they charged us $25 for (1) martini!
Food: I had steamed shrimp with old bay. The old bay was obviously added on top after it was steamed and the shrimp had no flavor. It was served with melted butter so I had to ask for cocktail sauce. Wife had crab cakes. Not good. More breading than crab. Served with Potatoes that were cold and over cooked vegetables. Kids had chicken tenders and fries that were ok.
I would not go again. Not worth the money

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Matthew W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for lunch on a whim in the way back from the aquarium. Good food, good service! We especially loved the fried flounder basket.