Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$106
Hotels.comUS$106
TravelocityUS$106
PricelineUS$99
Agoda.comUS$99
Vio.comUS$99
All reviews toaster oven beach access within walking distance shower obx
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2022

Just stayed at the Tarheel hotel and loved it. The room decor was updated and beachy. The staff was very nice and helpful. Perfect location. Across the street from the public beach access. Can walk or ride bikes to many restaurants. I would highly recommend if you are looking for more of a local flavor and not a large hotel.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 20 June 2022

Clean and certainly on the cheaper side. But you don't pay for what you don't get. Old, tired and beyond "bare bones"! Very worn floor covering and furniture, dated (and broken) bathroom fixtures, old noisy av units, dark rooms tiny window, unkempt exterior (rusty doors, broken pavement). Not in this day and age surely. Pay just a little more and you can get so much more. Trying hard not to be critical here. But this was mighty, mighty disappointing

Room tip: All the same. All "bare bones"
Date of stay: June 2022
Kimmi - Marketing Specialist , Other at Tar Heel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

We're sorry to hear of this, Kevin. We're a bit baffled by the review as we don't feel this is an accurate description of our property. Please give our team a call at your earliest convenience, Our team would like an opportunity to discuss your review and stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

This throw back motel was completely renovated a few years ago. Stylish, but simple decor. A variety of room configurations. Rooms have mini fridge, microwave, toaster oven, and kuerig coffee makers. The bathroom is TINY!
No closets or much space to hang, place necessities. Close to shopping, dining, beach access (across the street and about 50 yards). Pool on site, ice machine, vending machine. Parking in front of room! 2nd stay and we'll be back!

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank 473frede
Reviewed 2 July 2021

Check into our room at the end of a long day, only to find its literally infested with flies. We killed around 50 and they kept coming before I finally panicked and called the emergency number on the motel office door. Guy tells me they're drain flies and that "this happens" but agrees its low key horrific and offers his condolences. I ask for a different room, was told no despite the fact that this place manages multiple properties. I ask for a refund, he offers me 20$ off and when I reject that he says a manger will have to call me the next day. Surprise, no one ever did. It was unlivable guys, it was like something out of a horror movie. We were going to pitch our tents and sleep in the parking lot but a big storm drove us into the room for a few hours sleep before we got the F out of there. Stay literally anywhere but here!

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank jknulty16
Reviewed 26 May 2021

I’ve seen some reviews that made me skeptical before booking but I took a chance for our anniversary and I’m so glad I did! I remember staying here when I was kid and it was so old and outdated. However they have completely remodeled and updated everything and it looks great! The room was very clean with beach access right across the street! The shower stayed hot the whole time and the check in/check out process was super simple. We def plan to come back with our children and Dog next year! The price was perfect and we saw tons of families with kiddos enjoying their time! The pool wasn’t open yet but it was a decent size. The dunes restaurant next to the motel was amazing and our favorite part was that everything is within walking distance. (Ice cream, 7/11, restaurants) My husband and I enjoyed walking the beach and the view from both piers that are in walking distance from the motel. The only thing that was a little frustrating with our truck was the parking (small lot/side room parking) but luckily we were able to park and walk where we wanted to go within a good distance. All in all we had a wonderful little romantic getaway. We definitely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: May 2021