All reviews ocean front biscuits indoor pool the outer banks room was clean street side hot tub beach access beach hotel sun deck oceanfront room top floor hear the waves second floor front desk staff free breakfast staff was very friendly
Reviewed 5 July 2018

There are pros and cons to this HIE. Pros: it is in an excellent location, easy to find close to the southern bridge in a less busy area of OBX. It is right on the ocean so no need to carry all your beach toys across a busy road. Plenty of free parking and a friendly and helpful staff. The executive queen is a large room with two queen beds, but big enough for a small family to stay in for several days without being on top of each other. There is a small balcony on the ocean that is big enough for two chairs. Beds very comfortable, plenty of towels and great breakfast area. The cons: it is not walkable to any restaurants or attractions, so a car is needed. The bathroom is very small and tight, with no tub, only a shower area that is unusually narrow. The bathroom and shower are difficult to use if you are large or just like to have room to move around. It would be difficult for anyone who needs assistance to use the shower area as there is no room for anyone to help.

Room tip: Rooms on the ocean have balconies with chairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gibb88
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Gibb88,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront during your recent trip to the Outer Banks and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear our location was excellent for you and your family and we have easy access to the beach. Also, my staff was friendly and helpful and your room was comfortable for your family and you were able to enjoy our breakfast each morning. I apologize our bathroom was tight for your family. We have a handful of rooms with tubs in them. Only thing is they are non-oceanfront rooms. However, if you return to our hotel in the future you can request a room with a tub. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This is a sleepy town, hotel is not located near shops (walking distance). Hotel is located right behind beach.

Rooms were clean, but no frills. Mini kitchenette available in rooms with mini fridge.

Breakfast was complimentary and decent.

Wish there was an outdoor pool. The weather was scorching hot.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear JenRussell1026,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront and taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear your room was clean and our breakfast was decent. I'm sorry you did not care for our hotel location. I hope you will come again and visit with us.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

When I pulled up to the hotel I was underwhelmed with the exterior. We parked in the back and took a sneak peak of the beach before checking in early. Paradise!!!!!!!! We fell in love instantly with the location and the beach access immediately! .......Cool, we go inside and the man at the front desk working third shift says he knows nothing about assigning rooms but we could get a key and access go the hotel, pool etc before checking in. So we are breakfast, swim in the pool and ran to the sand... hours later we tried to check in again hoping our early check in request had been granted. The room was finished we head upstairs and as always I check mattresses head board curtains etc. (My routine at EVERY hotel to be safe)
Well this bed had stains on the mattress cover. It wasn't too promising that it wasn't old blood so I had my husband ask for another room since $365 a night is not cheap for this type of hotel and wanted something clean. The lady at the front desk appeared to be very polite and understanding. Before I could check the second bed my husband was walking in the door with new keys to a new room.
All is well on the 4th floor and smells like Lysol and clean new mattress in 422. I am happy so all is well.
I would come back for the location but the hotel is not my typical Marriott that I usually stay at.

Trip type: Travelled with family
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear tmarie952,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate your early check in request. I apologize that your bed was not up to par, however I am glad we were able to move you to a new room. Thank you for your comments as this helps with training our staff. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The perfect location. We had an oceanside room so we could open our window and listen to the ocean at night. Each morning we walked the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is a few miles from Wright Brothers monument and less than a mile from Jockey's Ridge state park. The hotel is clean and up to date.

Room tip: Splurge for the oceanside room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear IAhawktraveler,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront and taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear you were able to listen to the ocean, walk the beach and our staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

This was our second stay here while visiting Nag's Head. We only got a partial ocean view this time and I was sorry we didn't pay a little extra for a full view. But the beach is literally just steps away!
Our room was very clean and well stocked with towels, etc so we didn't need housekeeping.
Their free breakfast is delicious, I dare you to not eat a warm cinnamon roll every morning!
There is a great deck area outside of the pool that every few people use, should you want a break from the sandy beach.
The whole property seems well cared for and it shows--from the flowers to the endless task of trying to keep the sand beach out of the parking lot. Employees were pleasant and courteous which is always a bonus.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Treat yourself to an ocean view floor!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NanMag48
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear nancecar,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront on your return trip and taking the time to write an awesome review. I am delighted to hear your room was clean and well stocked, you enjoyed our hot breakfast bar and our staff was pleasant and courteous. And thank you for your great comments on our grounds and parking lot. We look forward to your next stay with us.