11 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
HIExpress.com
US$170
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$191
US$151
SAVE US$40
Expedia.comUS$170
Hotels.comUS$170
StayForLongUS$191
All reviews ocean front indoor pool biscuits room was clean cinnamon rolls covered parking top floor second floor off season staff was very friendly plenty of parking great view of the ocean wonderful stay we've stayed the breakfast area short drive coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2020 via mobile

This great hotel is right on the beach. You walk from the parking lot over the sand dune and you are right on the beach! Floors 4 and 5 have the best views of ocean and beach. The hotel and room were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. While breakfast is still grab and go it was well stocked. Overall great experience!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank BuckeyeWestPointFan
Reviewed 11 October 2020

The hotel is right on the beach. There's a covered entry in case you have to load or unload in bad weather, and there are a few dozen covered parking places. The staff is very conscious of Covid protocol, and your room will not be cleaned during your stay. There's a laundry basket for trash and soiled linen. Place it outside your door in the morning prior to noon and they'll pick it up. if you need any additional supplies, just call the desk. The room has a fridge with a small freezer, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. The gym, INDOOR pool and breakfast area are all on the 2nd floor. Breakfast is "grab and go" style that all Holiday Inns now use, but they have a better selection here than other properties we've stayed at. Hot breakfast burritos, bacon, or sausage biscuits or English muffins with cheese or eggs were rotated every morning. Lots of cereal and fruit choices as well as juice and breads. The location is located on Virginia Dare, which runs parallel to the main highway, so it's very quiet. Jockey Ridge State park and the Wright Brothers National park is a few minutes away, as are stores and restaurants. We spent 3 days here and loved every minute. It rained the first day and we just lounged in the room watching the ocean, TV, enjoying the pool, and cooking food we purchased at the local supermarket. We'll be sure to stay here in the future.

Room tip: get a higher floor (4 or 5) for the best beach view
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank R1440WEdenniss
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

My husband and I had been looking forward to this getaway for months. Unfortunately the hotel neglected to advise that starting Oct 1 commercial fishing is permitted on its beachfront. Drag nets in the water, stinky old trucks driving up and down the beach requiring guests to move, and dead fish lining the beach for 90 minutes in prime time afternoon sun? No thanks. Won’t be returning here nor would I recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryCarmelKaz
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

Hi MaryCarmelKaz,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for staying with us. We want efficient and frictionless experiences for guests on the move. I am sorry to learn your recent stay with us was a letdown. This certainly isn't what we want for any of our guests. I have shared your comments with hotel management for the impact this had on your visit. I am certain that the necessary guidelines will be in place, so neither you, nor any other guest will have a similar experience in the future.

I still hope you would give us another chance in the future, so we can show you a frictionless experience.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 September 2020 via mobile

I stayed for a quick weekend. The hotel was well-appointed, clean, and literally steps to the beach! This hotel offered the BEST to-go breakfast options I've seen during this unprecedented time. It was not "limited" options, the hotel allowed us to pick and choose what we would normally have eaten - to go. [Maybe except waffles, but that is understandable.] The hotel offered hard-boiled eggs, a rarity IMO. I took the tea Keurig pods with me and am using it at the Holiday Inn in North Hollywood.
The only drawback (hence the four stars) would be that the walls are thin. We stayed in room connecting to another room, so we could hear any conversation going on. But then again, Im sure the next door guests could hear ours ha. The noises down the hall didn't bother me as much, but it did bother my SO.
I'll come back again. Thanks, IHG!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2020

This hotel is located close to many restaurants and shops, and the view of the ocean is great--be sure to get a top floor room so you can see over the dunes. The lobby isn't very welcoming. It's very small and "cold". Even the breakfast is served on the 2nd floor. The rooms are fairly clean , though I still can't understand how hard it could be to get the dirt out of the corners of the bathroom floor. The rooms are sparsely furnished in a "modern" style but are comfortable, with a microwave and fridge. I wish there was a screen in the sliding door to the balcony so you could leave the door open withough bugs coming in. Nice selection of "to go" breakfast items including sandwiches, cereals and gluten free items.

Room tip: Top floor on the ocean side to see over the dunes.
Date of stay: September 2020