All reviewsneuse riverriver viewstarbucks coffeecourtyard by marriottconvention centerwithin walking distancepoint parkhistoric districtfront streetbathroom floormini fridgecomfort innwould stay here againoutdoor poolexcellent locationwalked everywhereoverlooking the water
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Here for a three day business conference very nice accommodations water view balcony rooms. Very clean surroundings. One of the friendliest staff ever encountered. Small bistro in the lobby Starbucks coffee and a very good breakfast menu excellent service. In the evening great place to relax in comfort with an excellent cocktail. Good fitness center excellent tread mill no electronic stress machines free weights only. Pool looked great a little cool to take advantage of it. Also hotel is near convention center and walking distance for all down town attractions. Will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Just an average Hotel experience. Ended up with a parking lot view, not river view, directly across from the elevator and window beside the portico, so it was noisy. Comfortable bed, good water pressure and two ply toilet paper. HVAC was noisy and the tv stopped working. Expected more from a Courtyard. Glad it was just one night.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reg P, General Manager at Courtyard New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hello AngieH,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I apologize that you were not pleased with the view or location of your room. We do have 2 option's for rates at our New Bern Courtyard: a riverview with balcony rate (which assures you of a riverside room) or a rate for a non-balcony room, where the majority of these rooms are on the city side of the hotel.
I apologize for the issue's you had with the television and the air conditioner. I am not able to investigate these issues as your identity is hidden and I cannot contact you. I would invite you to contact me so we can discuss your stay in more detail.

Reg Poteat
252-636-0022

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I am Marriott Gold and stay at a lot of different types of properties. Courtyards are not my favorite and this one was no exception. This hotel should try harder with little things like friendlier service, free coffee, acknowledging Marriott status, free coffee and some amenities for Marriott Gold members (i.e. free water bottles and/or breakfast vouchers).

The good -- our room had a great view of the pool and the Sound with a nice little balcony. Great location for walking to town. Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant is next door and is excellent.

Breakfast is below average -- I would go out in town next time. Workout room is very small. Some people were very friendly but overall service could definitely be friendlier.

Also -- not sure if it was just this date or happens frequently but using points was not an option for this stay?

I would try the Doubletree down the street next time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reg P, General Manager at Courtyard New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hello EJG4,

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I do apologize that you were not happy with certain portions of your stay.

Marriott corporate does dictate how we recognize our rewards members upon arrival and what status are given arrival gifts. Marriott corporate will also not allow the Courtyard brand to provide free coffee in the lobby. We do however provide free coffee in all guest rooms. I will forward your comments to the Marriott representative that handles the Courtyard brand.
Due to your identity being hidden I am not able to contact you. I would invite you to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reg Poteat
252-636-0022

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Very nice. Everyone helpful and pleasant. Nice view of the bay. . Hadneed of a handicap room and accommodations were just great. After a thirteen hour ride was good to sink into a cleancomfoftableroom.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The room spelled great and clean the moment we entered.everything worked great, great view... excellent !! Allied Continental free breakfast would have been great, but still close to the water close to town a vacation

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple