See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We drove all day and arrived past 6 p.m., but had no problems checking in that late. Mike & Karen were very helpful, recommending places to visit in town. We parked our car and walked to most of our destinations while visiting. Loved eating breakfast out on the front porch. Breakfast was very delicious and varied. I would stay here again. Loved the decorations in our room! This was my first experience with a B & B and it was awesome!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Deena R
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife & I wanted a place within walking distance of all the New Bern historic attractions. Mike & Karen were very helpful and accommodating. They even assisted in getting breakfast for my wife's special dietary needs. Great hosts! The location is perfect for walking downtown to all the shops and restaurants. The house has been remodeled very nicely and yet retains the charm of it's old historic look and feel. We will visit again! We parked our car on Friday and did not move it until Sunday afternoon when we checked out. We loved it!

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank Allen T
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I decided to get away and head for New Bern. We had not been to New Bern in over 20 years. We found Sail Inn on line and decided to stay there for our long weekend. It was a wonderful experience. Sail Inn is walking distance to restaurants, Tryon Palace, and it is in the Historic District in New Bern. The room was airy and comfortable. Mike gave us free access to Wii for our computers and Kindles. We would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to our friends and anyone who wants to stay in a pleasant home for a get away. Look forward to the next visit.

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank Christian E
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I loved this place. Friendly staff, and clean rooms with 21st C. comfort. I love how close it is to the shops and restaurants. The price is great. There is a nearby river that is beautiful and some public parks nearby. nice and quiet and peaceful.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Will D
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at Sail Inn on a trip assisting my son to move to NC from VA. We were looking for a quiet place to spend the night after a day of traveling and moving. The Sail Inn was perfect! Lovely room in walking distance to shops and restaurants. We parked our car and took a walk around town and to the parks at the rivers. Walked to a local suggested restaurant and had a really nice meal and good evening. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room tip: The room we stayed in was the largest with en-suite bath. Lovely!
Date of stay: October 2012