“Sunday carvery”

Add it.
The Halsey Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Pulham
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Visited last Sunday for carvery. Welcomed at the bar and served drinks very quickly and shown to our table. Waitress gave us out carvery cards and said we could go up whenever we were ready. Wonderful selection of meats and vegetables. Lovely clean room and plenty of space - do not like restaurants that pack tables too close. Overall excellent experience and will be back.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This pub was recommended by locals

We arrived and the outside of the building is beautiful. Well Kept gardens and we were excited.

The interior actually let the place down. We were in a small room to the far left and it looked tired. However we weren’t there for the decor, we were there for the food.

Lunchtime snack. Fish & chips. Ham, 3 eggs and chips x 2. And a prawn baguette for me.

The ham egg and chips looked great and everyone remarked on how good the food was.

My prawn baguette was full of prawns and very tasty.

Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

New to the area, trying to find a good restaurant. The Halsey Arms is an attractive Pub/Restaurant, well furnished and well presented. The Manager was very welcoming and the menu was very appealing with an excellent choice of dishes. There were 4 other diners in the restaurant, but the delay in the arrival of our food was, in our opinion, excessive. However, it was worth the wait. It was excellent!
The dining experience was ruined when the Manager's daughter arrived with his partner (?) and the 2 newcomers treated the dining area as if it was part of their private accommodation and not a business with paying customers.
Some people might like to go out for a meal, and enjoy the opportunity to spend time with a child who runs about, shouting while its mother ignores the comfort of those who are paying for a peaceful experience, but we are not those people. If we had wanted to eat in a kindergarten we would have done so!
It is such a pity, but eating out is not just about food. Ambiance plays a major part!
At around £50 for the lunch, that consisted of 1 shared starter, and 2 main courses. plus 4 glasses of wine, I do not consider the meal to have been cheap and now, I really regret, that I would find it difficult to commit to another similar expense, just in case we had another similar experience.

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Ok, let’s start with, it was Easter Sunday, it was the carvery and a birthday treat

So the scene is set for a pub dining experience that didn’t disappoint

I initially thought that I’d want a steak as it was my birthday treat and I could have whatever I wanted, then it dawned on me that I was taken to the Halsey Arms to experience the carvery which not only looked delicious but was an aromatic assault on the naval cavities

So after a nice, hot, well presented starter, I flexed my muscles and moved towards the carvery, the meat choices were nothing if not well presented with the usual fare of beef, lamb etc though it also included Easter turkey and venison

Now some people are sceptical about game meats, though this was prepared and cooked to perfection and well worth a try

Service was marvellous and the servers were polite, genuine and attentive

So book in advance is my advice and probably don’t have a cooked breakfast though do go for a walk around the hills and trails surrounding the village before dining and get that appetite fired up, I’m going there in the week so I can experience the full menu, see you there

1  Thank evadafobos
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Good selection of meats and vegetables. Everything was cooked to our liking. Good value Sunday carvery. Reason for 4 stars was that the area we were sat in felt a bit like the village hall and we had a pop up table with ink over it. I guess there aren’t enough tables for the popularity of the carvery.